Author Topic: How many lamps of each type do you have in your collection?  (Read 2716 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
How many lamps of each type do you have in your collection? « on: February 28, 2021, 09:47:13 PM » Author: HPS_250
I have been wondering about this recently, because I plan to soon reorganize my lighting collection, so I will probably count and categorize the lamps when I do. How many lamps of each type do other members have? For example, how many MV lamps or HPS lamps? Estimates are fine, I’m just interested.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How many lamps of each type do you have in your collection? « Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 10:08:56 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
probably twenty or so MH lamps
probably ten or so MV lamps
probably twenty or so HPS lamps
one SOX lamp
probably 200+ incandescent lamps
probably 60+ fluorescent lamps
probably thirty or so CFL lamps
probably around fifteen or so LED lamps

I started collecting in 2016. Gotten lots of stuff recently.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 10:24:20 PM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: How many lamps of each type do you have in your collection? « Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 10:20:21 PM » Author: Econolite03
I started collecting in 2010,
So far, I have the following listed:

5X HPS
4X MV
15X Fluorescent Tubes       
Around 25X CFLs               
Around 40X Incandescents
Around 20X LEDs               
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 10:22:03 PM by Econolite03 » Logged
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: How many lamps of each type do you have in your collection? « Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 10:24:41 PM » Author: HPS_250
Thanks for the replies! I’m going to count or at least estimate my lamp categories tomorrow, so I’ll post when I’m finished.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: How many lamps of each type do you have in your collection? « Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 10:25:18 PM » Author: HPS_250
probably twenty or so MH lamps
probably ten or so MV lamps
probably twenty or so HPS lamps
one SOX lamp
probably 200+ incandescent lamps
probably 60+ fluorescent lamps
probably thirty or so CFL lamps
probably around fifteen or so LED lamps

I started collecting in 2016. Gotten lots of stuff recently.

Sounds like a good amount of all lamps! I started collecting in late 2019, so I don’t have nearly as many incandescent lamps.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: How many lamps of each type do you have in your collection? « Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 10:25:38 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Well, a non-collector friend once described my HID and street light bulb collections clearly a matter of critical mass. He added... Now I know where all of the old streetlight bulbs go...  :)

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: How many lamps of each type do you have in your collection? « Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 02:14:26 PM » Author: Rommie
We have at least one example of each wattage of SOX lamp, more than one for those we intend to use on a regular basis, such as the 35W ones for our Gamma 6 and Beta 5 lanterns. Of the others, it all depends, we have all sorts, we've never tried to count them, perhaps we should  :poof:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: How many lamps of each type do you have in your collection? « Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 02:34:50 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, I'm trying to get one example of each wattage of lamp. So far my most complete would be MV, missing only the rare wattages such as 700w, 425w and H34 1000w.

HPS is fairly complete too in the 400w and below section (310w and 150w S56 missing). The higher wattage lamps between 400w and 1000w weren't that common for general and roadway lighting so the lamps aren't as common.

SOX I have almost all of the lower wattage lamps, at least the non SOX-E wattages. The wattages above 90w I haven't been able to track down yet.

MH/PSMH/CMH, I'm not quite sure as there were numerous wattages made, just look at Venture's catalogue lol.
f36t8

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How many lamps of each type do you have in your collection? « Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 03:55:45 PM » Author: f36t8
For the lamps I like the most, I have at least one of each wattage but settled for a few examples of other types.

MV: The complete range that was common here, plus some American ones: 40, 50, 80, 100, 125, 175, 250, 400, 700, 1000
Incandescent: 7 to 1000 W, all standard wattages and various special shapes
Fluorescent: at least one each of the usual ones, as linear, compact and circular

For LPS, I only have a few ones of the most common lower wattages even though I consider them highly collectable. The large ones were always hard to get cheaply and even the smaller ones were never common where I used to live.

For HPS I also only have the most common wattages since until recently I was not interested in collecting them.

MH: Just a few wattages, but quite many 35 W and 70 W CDM ones which I quite like as general light source (although very common in commercial settings, I don't understand why they did not become common for residential use. Highly efficient, high quality white light at moderate power levels.)
LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: How many lamps of each type do you have in your collection? « Reply #9 on: March 04, 2021, 08:54:47 AM » Author: LightsDelight
I am not sure what I have in my collection. I will have to organise it at some point but there is not much there anyway but a heap of fittings however.

Keep discharge lighting alive

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: How many lamps of each type do you have in your collection? « Reply #10 on: March 04, 2021, 10:21:36 AM » Author: Binarix128
I currently have:

33x incandescent/halogen bulbs
Around 190x incandescent flashlight bulbs
2x incandescent xmas lights sets

11x CFLs
7x PLs
23x linear/circline fluorescent tubes

4x HIDs
4x LEDs

« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 10:24:45 AM by Binarix128 » Logged
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: How many lamps of each type do you have in your collection? « Reply #11 on: March 05, 2021, 04:21:16 PM » Author: Bulbman256
6mv, 3 hps, 1mh, # floro tubes, ~15 cfls ~200 incans ~30 leds ~10 other ;D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Re: How many lamps of each type do you have in your collection? « Reply #12 on: January 01, 2023, 04:05:01 PM » Author: Alex
Hello,

I started making an excel type database. By now I have around 70 lamps in it. I hope to put all my lamps in it.

if I should estimate:
~500 incandescent
~60 carbon and squirrel  cage filament
~200 halogen
~130 fluo tube
~50 CFL
~50 LED
~200 christmas light string and figural
~8 SOX
~30 SON
~70 MH
~40HPM
~200 optical lamps
~20 short arc mercury and Xenon
~40 UV and Ir sources
~100 discrete led devices
~80 lamps not fitting these classifications

I suspect in my collection around 1500-1800 individual (different) lamps.

Now when I see that, god I have a lots!

best regards,

Alex

Glück auf ⚒️

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: How many lamps of each type do you have in your collection? « Reply #13 on: January 01, 2023, 06:04:02 PM » Author: Rommie
I dread to think  :poof:  :mrg:

Honestly we have no idea, there are boxes of lamps in every cupboard, on every shelf and most of what remains of flat surfaces around here  :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: How many lamps of each type do you have in your collection? « Reply #14 on: January 01, 2023, 06:11:44 PM » Author: Bulbman256
1, 2, 3 lots? :mrg:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies