Author Topic: Cooper Verdeon being thrown under the bus  (Read 1820 times)
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Cooper Verdeon being thrown under the bus « on: March 01, 2021, 08:09:09 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
It seems like people here hate the Cooper Verdeon because of how ugly it is. To me, it's not that bad. The Verdeon is actually a fairly decent fixture. It may not be as good as a Philips RoadFocus or an American Electric Autobahn. It's definitely not as bad as a Leotek E-Cobra or a Cooper Navion. The main disadvantage of the Verdeon is the glare. It may look like a shovel, but to me, it's not bad.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cooper Verdeon being thrown under the bus « Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 08:13:31 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I like it too actually. And I agree with you on the glare. I think it is pretty close to the Evolve in terms of glare, but the Evolve is still the more glary one. I've seen less failures with them than the Evolves.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Cooper Verdeon being thrown under the bus « Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 11:49:40 PM » Author: Lumex120
I could write out an entire essay on every single problem I have with it but I'll respect everyone's opinions instead
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 11:51:16 PM by Lumex120 » Logged

Unofficial LG Discord

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Cooper Verdeon being thrown under the bus « Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 12:01:43 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I could write out an entire essay on every single problem I have with it but I'll respect everyone's opinions instead
Oh wow. You must really hate it then. @-@ :lol:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Cooper Verdeon being thrown under the bus « Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 01:00:18 AM » Author: Lumex120

Oh wow. You must really hate it then. @-@ :lol:

Let's just say I think everything, not just streetlights should be designed to be at least somewhat visually appealing while remaining functional. The Verdeon is neither of those. While you can argue that they light up, the placement of the photocell socket makes no sense, the combination of shapes that make up the fixture is horrible, and they are some of the more glare-y fixtures I have seen.

Unofficial LG Discord

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cooper Verdeon being thrown under the bus « Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 08:56:37 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
The ones in Old Town Maine are holding up well, no failures that I've seen. The glare is kinda bad but definitely not GE Evolve bad!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Cooper Verdeon being thrown under the bus « Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 09:06:21 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
The ones in Old Town Maine are holding up well, no failures that I've seen. The glare is kinda bad but definitely not GE Evolve bad!
That's good to hear!
Yeah the glare is definitely not as bad as the GEs.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Cooper Verdeon being thrown under the bus « Reply #7 on: December 01, 2022, 05:48:17 PM » Author: Econolite03
I'd like to report that the Verdeon series from Cooper is officially one of the better LED options on the market, based on their proven reliability. A nearby city switched to them in 2016, with zero light-loss, shift in color temperature, and (very) few driver failures. That's pretty good. Let's give them some credit now.
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Cooper Verdeon being thrown under the bus « Reply #8 on: December 01, 2022, 06:00:54 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
That's great! Let's hope they hold up.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Cooper Verdeon being thrown under the bus « Reply #9 on: December 01, 2022, 06:14:15 PM » Author: Burrito
My city is literally full of these, so far no failures yet, but i have been seeing Lumec RoadFocus Medium fixtures going up in some places

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Cooper Verdeon being thrown under the bus « Reply #10 on: December 01, 2022, 07:47:43 PM » Author: joseph_125
The MTO was using Verdeons a bit a couple of years ago, but in more recent years have switched to the Archeon. They seem to have a thing for Cooper now too.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies