Author Topic: Do You Know What It Means?  (Read 2592 times)
Desultory13
Do You Know What It Means? « on: March 02, 2021, 09:44:40 PM » Author: Desultory13
Extra points if you can identify it!  :lol:
Desultory13
Re: Do You Know What It Means? « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 09:50:22 PM » Author: Desultory13
UH OH! I know what this means! I'm hearing a certain kind of whistle!
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Do You Know What It Means? « Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 05:24:03 AM » Author: suzukir122
Extremely confused

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Do You Know What It Means? « Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 09:49:24 AM » Author: Rommie
I'm a foreigner in these parts, I haven't got a clue  :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Desultory13
Re: Do You Know What It Means? « Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 10:20:36 AM » Author: Desultory13
I'm certain that the younger generation here will never get this but I thought maybe just maybe someone around my age,43, might remember it when they were kids.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do You Know What It Means? « Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 11:00:23 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yeah I have no clue. :lol:

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Do You Know What It Means? « Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 01:05:17 PM » Author: joseph_125
Picture seems too new, was expecting a MV firing up or a old incandescent gumball. :lol:

I'll drop a hint, it's similar conceptually to the quitting time whistle. :laugh:
Desultory13
Re: Do You Know What It Means? « Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 01:55:32 PM » Author: Desultory13
Picture seems too new, was expecting a MV firing up or a old incandescent gumball. :lol:

I'll drop a hint, it's similar conceptually to the quitting time whistle. :laugh:
Well in a way you're in the right direction. :mrg:
Especially about the quitting time part but try to forget about the whistle I shouldn't have said that, I got carried away when I remembered what the light in the picture means.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 02:10:35 PM by Desultory » Logged
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do You Know What It Means? « Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 02:32:42 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Now I know! Come home before the street lights come on!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Desultory13
Re: Do You Know What It Means? « Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 02:53:32 PM » Author: Desultory13

There ya go! My dad used to stand on the sidewalk and let out one heck of a loud whistle just as the lights were starting to come on. That meant get your butt home NOW!  :lol:
Desultory13
Re: Do You Know What It Means? « Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 02:54:13 PM » Author: Desultory13
WAY TO GO! YOU GOT IT! ;D
As a kid streetlights turning on in the evening served as a definite warning to get home, especially on a school night! :police:
From a generation of kids that actually played outside in the evenings.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Do You Know What It Means? « Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 02:55:48 PM » Author: Rommie
Ok, so what if it were a dayburner..?  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Desultory13
Re: Do You Know What It Means? « Reply #12 on: March 03, 2021, 03:05:56 PM » Author: Desultory13
Ok, so what if it were a dayburner..?  :mrg:
Why do you agitate? :lol:
Dayburners don't count. :lol:
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do You Know What It Means? « Reply #13 on: March 03, 2021, 03:08:22 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I remember seeing that saying somewhere!

Also, what would happen if it didn't come on? :mrg:
Desultory13
Re: Do You Know What It Means? « Reply #14 on: March 03, 2021, 03:12:11 PM » Author: Desultory13
I remember seeing that saying somewhere!

Also, what would happen if it didn't come on? :mrg:
That excuse never worked as there was always more than one in the neighborhood ;)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies