Author Topic: One of those days!  (Read 4483 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: One of those days! « Reply #15 on: April 04, 2021, 09:03:57 AM » Author: Rommie
Thanks,the shipping is a killer to us over here as usual, though. But worth considering if I do come across any lamps  :bulbman:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: One of those days! « Reply #16 on: April 04, 2021, 10:19:25 AM » Author: Bulbman256
I went to the auto parts store one day to get some things to help my cousin with his car. I asked the guy at the counter if they had any left-handed screwdrivers in stock (my cousin is a leftie) and the clerk gave me a stiff, silent funny kind of look. He said nothing and I left the store wondering what his problem was.

Did you also ask for some blinker fluid? :mrg: :lol:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: One of those days! « Reply #17 on: April 04, 2021, 10:31:00 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
People being sent to go and get all these fictitious things reminds me of when I was working in Germany. On my birthday my boss at the time thought it would be hilarious to send me to go and get a 'long stand' from the stores...
Unfortunately for him, I was wise to this practice.  :D  Off I went to the stores and went up to the counter and said to them, 'My boss has sent me over here for a long stand, I know you don't have any, so how about a cup of tea instead.?' I got my cup of tea and returned half an hour later to work, then told the boss in a gloomy voice that I had been waiting around for ages only to be told they didn't have any.  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: One of those days! « Reply #18 on: April 04, 2021, 11:42:43 AM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Did you also ask for some blinker fluid? :mrg: :lol:

I bought plenty of blinker fluid just before they banned it. Wonderful stuff! I use it for loosening stubborn nuts and bolts and it also comes in very handy in lubricating the secondary spinkler gear in my old washing machine because it makes a loud shrieking sound while it is in the spin cycle, hurting my and my cats' ears.  As for using it for my car... the blinker fluid canister is a sealed unit so there is no need to use any of it there, thank heavens.

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

WigWag
Re: One of those days! « Reply #19 on: April 04, 2021, 03:49:32 PM » Author: WigWag
Blinker fluid? Tall stands?  :lol: :lol: :lol: This topic is getting sillier by the minute!
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: One of those days! « Reply #20 on: April 04, 2021, 03:50:51 PM » Author: Rommie
Blinker fluid? Tall stands?  :lol: :lol: :lol: This topic is getting sillier by the minute!
And you're surprised by this why, exactly..?  :P  :mrg:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: One of those days! « Reply #21 on: April 04, 2021, 03:52:42 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Goodness knows, silly is what we all need just now...  :wndr:
And that's what we do best.  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: One of those days! « Reply #22 on: April 04, 2021, 03:58:53 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Goodness knows, silly is what we all need just now...  :wndr:
And that's what we do best.  :mrg:

That and bulbs! :lol: :mrg:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

WigWag
Re: One of those days! « Reply #23 on: April 04, 2021, 04:13:29 PM » Author: WigWag
I'm all for silliness and bulbs!  :wndr: Hey! What about silly bulbs?!  :poof: :o
Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: One of those days! « Reply #24 on: April 04, 2021, 07:44:48 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
I'm all for silliness and bulbs!  :wndr: Hey! What about silly bulbs?!  :poof: :o

Well, there are many silicone-coated bulbs out there. I have always nicknamed/abbreviated silicone (generally as an adhesive) as "silly". So one of these coated bulbs genuinely qualify (in my language) as a "silly bulb". I also have a few silicone-repaired lightbulbs in my collection  and those, too, could be somewhat regarded as silly bulbs as well. ;D

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: One of those days! « Reply #25 on: April 04, 2021, 07:46:51 PM » Author: Rommie
Yeah, we've got some of those silicone coated lamps, see here, they feel really weird  :lol:

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: One of those days! « Reply #26 on: April 04, 2021, 08:17:15 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Yeah, we've got some of those silicone coated lamps, see here, they feel really weird  :lol:

Yep, you have a bonafide, genuine silly lightbulb right there, Ria. Not only just because it is silicone coated but the its weird texture is sorta a silly feeling too IMO like its a plastic toy. :laugh:

WigWag
Re: One of those days! « Reply #27 on: April 09, 2021, 04:17:32 PM » Author: WigWag
Silicone coated bulbs, eh? Interesting idea, if it really works to prevent bulbs from shattering, but I'm guessing it didn't last long?
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: One of those days! « Reply #28 on: April 09, 2021, 04:22:32 PM » Author: Rommie
No idea how long they'd last in service, we've only lit them to see if they work. Maybe someone else might be able to tell you.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: One of those days! « Reply #29 on: April 09, 2021, 08:11:30 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Silicone coated bulbs, eh? Interesting idea, if it really works to prevent bulbs from shattering, but I'm guessing it didn't last long?

As incandescents they have been around for a long time. I know GE made them, possibly others did too.
I have a few silicone coated MVs too. These are self-ballasted and 240V. They are unmarked but 100 or 160W I would say. Medium base, white inside phosphor with a B-17 (I think, no end dimple) bulb. From the 70s I understand, never seen anything like them before. :mvc:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies