Author Topic: Any other beginning photographers or videographers here?  (Read 2043 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Any other beginning photographers or videographers here? « on: April 03, 2021, 10:34:42 AM » Author: HPS_250
I was wondering if there are any beginning (or even professional) photographers or videographers on this site. I have always had an interest in cameras and photography for as long as I can remember, along with my lighting and electrical interests. More recently, since I was able to get a new camera at the end of 2020 (which has been used for all of my lighting photos since then) I have started developing an interest again. I have been mostly trying nature and city photography as well as compilation and landscape videos. Aside from that, I have been trying to improve my outdoor lighting photos. Does anyone else here have an interest in photography?

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Any other beginning photographers or videographers here? « Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 11:16:11 PM » Author: suzukir122
Photography and videography... nothing from me yet, but that is soon to change here as well. Absolute 100% interest in both photography and videography.
My little brother is interested in videography as well, with his YouTube channel. He's a step ahead of me for now regarding that, and his higher amount
of followers on YouTube. For now. But when my talent regarding photo and video starts rolling out into fruition, things will start changing.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Any other beginning photographers or videographers here? « Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 07:19:35 AM » Author: 589
I am a cam op among other things. My bread and butter is live broadcast using studio cameras, but I do other things too.

:lps:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Any other beginning photographers or videographers here? « Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 01:07:53 PM » Author: suzukir122
@589, wuh... :o For real?? And that place you took a picture of... do you film TV shows or national live events?
That is awesome!!

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Any other beginning photographers or videographers here? « Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 08:49:53 PM » Author: Econolite03
I’ve been trying for a few years, I have a Canon Rebel EOS.

Now on Linktree

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Any other beginning photographers or videographers here? « Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 01:57:24 AM » Author: tolivac
for cameras-folks are just using the camera in their cellphones-esp in new smartphones-the cameras are becoming as good as separate cameras.The last time I looked the camera display at Best Buy-was like a desert!very few cameras to be had.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Any other beginning photographers or videographers here? « Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 12:06:53 AM » Author: Binarix128
I do experiment with video and VHS, and take some pics when I happen to go outside. I like to shot footage of stuff at 60p, edit it and upload some to YT and transfer to VHS. I've also tried to hook up a car analog camera to my VCR. But in all those cases the VHS result is pure garbge becasue I can't use the direct line input without a remote control, so I have to use a modulator in channel 3. So if the low bandwith of VHS itself was enough, you have to add the bandwith reducing of the modulator, and the crappy noisy tuner of the VCR, so it is not good.

I have both photo and video interests since kid, but I wasn't so smart to archive the footage. So I only have archive of my footage since 2018.  :mrg:

I always try to shot at 60p, if possible, because I normally make my videos at 60p, and if I make a 24p I can slow motion any of the takes without loosing frame rate. I render my 60p videos at 60.00 and not 59.94, I don't know if this is so smart of me. Same for 24p; 24.000 and not 23.976 used in interlaced video telecine.

Watching 12voltvids has given me quite a bit of knowledge about VCRs and analog video.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 12:26:36 AM by Binarix128 » Logged
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Any other beginning photographers or videographers here? « Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 12:11:36 AM » Author: joseph_125
I have a older DSLR but it still works decently. A Canon Rebel T3. Eventually I'll upgrade but I think before that, I'll get a 50mm fixed lens first. My phone is fairly recent so I find myself using that a lot more for taking photos.

I'd probably explore more into photography but I don't know anyone that's really interested in it and I've already got enough interests.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Any other beginning photographers or videographers here? « Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 12:24:10 AM » Author: Binarix128
I have a older DSLR but it still works decently. A Canon Rebel T3. Eventually I'll upgrade but I think before that, I'll get a 50mm fixed lens first. My phone is fairly recent so I find myself using that a lot more for taking photos.

I'd probably explore more into photography but I don't know anyone that's really interested in it and I've already got enough interests.
I have a Sony DSC-HX400V DSLR with fixed lens and motor controlled zoom and focus, and 20MP sensor. It has quite a far but slow zoom and manual controls. It is just enough for me and I don't want to upgrade yet, but the problem is that it badly struggles with infinite focus, so I don't use it to shoot a landscape, I use my phone for that instead.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Any other beginning photographers or videographers here? « Reply #9 on: August 01, 2021, 07:48:07 AM » Author: joseph_125
I recently started playing around with more features on my DSLR like trying shots at different aperatures and some night long exposures. Like this photo.

I also started messing around with film after I picked up an older film SLR that works with the same lenses I use for my DSLR. I don't have much lighting shot on film but I do have a shot of a 100w clear MV and a long exposure of some high mast lighting.

Unfortunately film is quite expensive to shoot in my area as not many places still sell it and even fewer places will develop it.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Any other beginning photographers or videographers here? « Reply #10 on: November 07, 2021, 07:39:57 PM » Author: Burrito
I was wondering if there are any beginning (or even professional) photographers or videographers on this site. I have always had an interest in cameras and photography for as long as I can remember, along with my lighting and electrical interests. More recently, since I was able to get a new camera at the end of 2020 (which has been used for all of my lighting photos since then) I have started developing an interest again. I have been mostly trying nature and city photography as well as compilation and landscape videos. Aside from that, I have been trying to improve my outdoor lighting photos. Does anyone else here have an interest in photography?
I am, but i have been here since October of this year!

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Any other beginning photographers or videographers here? « Reply #11 on: November 07, 2021, 09:43:37 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I don't consider myself a photographer or videographer or anything like that.
But I do like taking pictures of stuff. Ends up being mostly nature pictures.
And I also like videoing things like storms/weather. (sometimes general nature vids too, like I did a fall leaves one a couple weeks ago.)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Any other beginning photographers or videographers here? « Reply #12 on: November 08, 2021, 04:07:57 PM » Author: Rommie
I am a cam op among other things. My bread and butter is live broadcast using studio cameras, but I do other things too.
Nice camera, Andy. I'm more of a sound engineer myself, though.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies