Author Topic: Alrighting which one of you got the /w?  (Read 3622 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « on: April 06, 2021, 04:50:19 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Which one of you mad lads got that darn westinghouse /w BT25 from under my feet? :mrg: :lol: Lowkey wanted that thing, could have won it but my dad stopped biddingeven though i gave him a cap of 50 dollars, should have gotten him to pm the seller and buy the sucker outright. :-\ Well let your name be known Mr or Mrs. 4***i! :lol: :mvc:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 05:43:00 PM by Bulbman256 » Logged

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 05:38:25 PM » Author: Rommie
Were there already any bids on it..? Because if there were, you can't ask the seller to remove it from auction, it has to run its course. And be careful using words like 'stole' as it could be misinterpreted.

By the way, it wasn't me  :P

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 05:42:33 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Were there already any bids on it..? Because if there were, you can't ask the seller to remove it from auction, it has to run its course. And be careful using words like 'stole' as it could be misinterpreted.

By the way, it wasn't me  :P

Sorry, was using it as a joek and i will change it. :-[ Whoever won the lam keeps it but it was at no bids for awhile until yesterday. :P

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 05:48:13 PM » Author: Rommie
That's ok, actually I don't think you can ask for an auction to be ended anyway, not unless there's a buy it now or make an offer option.

What I do is decide the maximum I'm prepared to spend and then wait until the last minute or so. If I win, great. If I don't, then it sold for more than I was prepared to pay anyway.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 07:38:53 PM » Author: joseph_125
What I do is decide the maximum I'm prepared to spend and then wait until the last minute or so. If I win, great. If I don't, then it sold for more than I was prepared to pay anyway.

Yeah, that's my usual strategy with eBay auctions, wait until the last minute and then enter in the max I was prepared to spend. If the item ends at a inconvenient time or if I'm undecided on if I'm gonna get it, then I'll just enter in my max bid the night before and hope for the best. 
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 08:24:57 PM » Author: Patrick
Anyone have a link to the listing?  I have a saved eBay search for /Ws, but the keywords I have didn't pick up on whatever this one was.  Maybe I need to make adjustments in case another is listed in the future.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 08:28:09 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Anyone have a link to the listing?  I have a saved eBay search for /Ws, but the keywords I have didn't pick up on whatever this one was.  Maybe I need to make adjustments in case another is listed in the future.

I think this is probably it. I remember seeing this on ebay.

Item number: 143990441425
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #7 on: April 06, 2021, 08:28:14 PM » Author: Bulbman256

It's already sold, but https://www.ebay.com/itm/143990441425?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #8 on: April 06, 2021, 09:01:46 PM » Author: BT25
Which one of you mad lads got that darn westinghouse /w BT25 from under my feet? :mrg: :lol: Lowkey wanted that thing, could have won it but my dad stopped biddingeven though i gave him a cap of 50 dollars, should have gotten him to pm the seller and buy the sucker outright. :-\ Well let your name be known Mr or Mrs. 4***i! :lol: :mvc:
And here I thought it was a computer... :lol:

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #9 on: April 06, 2021, 09:06:57 PM » Author: Bulbman256
And here I thought it was a computer... :lol:

YOU!!!!!!!!!!! :police: :police: :police:

I had a sneaking suspicion that it was you behind this, i was hoping you never saw the listing because then i knew i would lose the bulb! :mrg: :lol: You won the bulb outright and its your's buddy, so enjoy! 8)

Well now that this is over you got any links to any BT25 mercs you don't want? ;) ;D

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #10 on: April 06, 2021, 09:24:34 PM » Author: BT25
YOU!!!!!!!!!!! :police: :police: :police:

I had a sneaking suspicion that it was you behind this, i was hoping you never saw the listing because then i knew i would lose the bulb! :mrg: :lol: You won the bulb outright and its your's buddy, so enjoy! 8)

Well now that this is over you got any links to any BT25 mercs you don't want? ;) ;D

Well, when you have Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  I'm on the hunt for /W's...it's a fun challenge to find them.
I don't have any links, nor do I have any for sale...but if you want 70W or 100W Philips-Westinghouse HPS BT25 lamps, I'll be posting some in the For Sale or Trade section eventually...along with some Westinghouse Ceramalux C100S54/D lamps.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 09:28:47 PM by BT25 » Logged

Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #11 on: April 06, 2021, 09:28:49 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Well, when you have Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't have any links, nor do I have any for sale...but if you want 70W or 100W Philips-Westinghouse HPS BT25 lamps, I'll be posting some in the For Sale or Trade section eventually...along with some Westinghouse Ceramalux C100S54/D lamps.

Okay, i have no hps ballast but i will keep my eyes peeled for any. I think funky bulb had some for sale, need to talk to him. :bulbman: :mvc:

You should really go to LA (lamps anonymous) For your lifeguard problem! :mrg:

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #12 on: April 06, 2021, 10:23:29 PM » Author: BT25
You should really go to LA (lamps anonymous) For your lifeguard problem! :mrg:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #13 on: April 07, 2021, 07:47:00 AM » Author: Rommie
Yeah, that's my usual strategy with eBay auctions, wait until the last minute and then enter in the max I was prepared to spend. If the item ends at a inconvenient time or if I'm undecided on if I'm gonna get it, then I'll just enter in my max bid the night before and hope for the best.
I use this site to put my maximum bid in if the ending time is when I'm in bed or know I'm going to be out. Some people think sniping as it's called is unethical, but it isn't really as it's no different to you sitting there with your finger itching ready to click at the last moment.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Alrighting which one of you got the /w? « Reply #14 on: April 07, 2021, 10:31:50 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I was watching that lamp but I didn't bid on it . I was a wee bit leery as I couldn't really read the etch and the description was a bit confusing. !00w H38 40A/W ?? The "40 A/W" part looks like an order code for a 40w soft white incandescent .

It was obviously old , and I'm guessing is a small etch Westy .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies