Author Topic: Vintage Sylvania 100 Watt BT Mercs on Ebay  (Read 3679 times)
form109
Vintage Sylvania 100 Watt BT Mercs on Ebay « on: June 27, 2009, 05:18:47 PM » Author: form109
Check these Bad Boys Out!
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Vintage Sylvania 100 Watt BT Mercs on Ebay « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 05:34:36 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
looks like a very early 90s or late 80s lamp in a newer ET shape

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

form109
Re: Vintage Sylvania 100 Watt BT Mercs on Ebay « Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 12:58:37 AM » Author: form109
so these arent Vintage? ???
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Vintage Sylvania 100 Watt BT Mercs on Ebay « Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 05:10:31 AM » Author: Silverliner
Nope.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Vintage Sylvania 100 Watt BT Mercs on Ebay « Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 11:02:49 AM » Author: TudorWhiz

Nope, Sylvania still makes BT shaped lamps on 175 watt and up MH lamps, and CMH lamps and then they make ET shape on lower wattage mogul HPS lamps (same as the auction you showed us) and tubular shape (without the dimple) on higher wattage HPS lamps.....

so really offically as of now lamps from 1980 and up are not vintage (although for me, if a MH or a HPS is from the 80s, its a really nice find) The new ET shape did not come out until late 80s I think 1988 to be exact...

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

form109
Re: Vintage Sylvania 100 Watt BT Mercs on Ebay « Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 03:54:34 PM » Author: form109

Nope, Sylvania still makes BT shaped lamps on 175 watt and up MH lamps, and CMH lamps and then they make ET shape on lower wattage mogul HPS lamps (same as the auction you showed us) and tubular shape (without the dimple) on higher wattage HPS lamps.....

so really offically as of now lamps from 1980 and up are not vintage (although for me, if a MH or a HPS is from the 80s, its a really nice find) The new ET shape did not come out until late 80s I think 1988 to be exact...

ah...then could this topic please be moved out of vintage and into modern. ;)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies