Author Topic: AEL Box shape street light  (Read 2072 times)
AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

AEL Box shape street light « on: April 30, 2021, 12:13:22 AM » Author: AZTECH
I never knew they existed! I almost brought it 2 qty but seller gave me bad news and ended listing said that Sorry and he check in warehouse someone sold it off to local auction  >:(

American Electric Lighting U-530087-1 HPS 150 Watt, 120/208/240/277

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222842091593?nma=true&si=wat6axymgFvUxNRApB%252BsRpyTQRw%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: AEL Box shape street light « Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 01:14:27 AM » Author: takemorepills
I never knew they existed! I almost brought it 2 qty but seller gave me bad news and ended listing said that Sorry and he check in warehouse someone sold it off to local auction  >:(

American Electric Lighting U-530087-1 HPS 150 Watt, 120/208/240/277

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222842091593?nma=true&si=wat6axymgFvUxNRApB%252BsRpyTQRw%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I remember these being all over Tempe in the 80's.

Man I sure would have liked to score one!
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: AEL Box shape street light « Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 01:31:48 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
SeaTac Airport is loaded with these things they have both SCO and FCO. The lenses on the SCO ones have yellowed badly.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: AEL Box shape street light « Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 01:53:27 AM » Author: AZTECH
SeaTac Airport is loaded with these things they have both SCO and FCO. The lenses on the SCO ones have yellowed badly.

Aww, but it could replace with custom cut square glass easy?  What SCO and FCO? different plastic len material? 

Since sometime ebay crazy pricing and it can be very expensive for plastic len replace like that:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333950197413?hash=item4dc0fb9ea5:g:4BQAAOSwO-pcCiQ0
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 01:58:56 AM by AZTECH » Logged
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: AEL Box shape street light « Reply #4 on: April 30, 2021, 02:01:32 AM » Author: thelightingman
Aww, but it could replace with custom cut square glass easy?  What SCO and FCO? different plastic len material? 

Since sometime ebay crazy pricing and it can be very expensive for plastic len replace like that:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333950197413?hash=item4dc0fb9ea5:g:4BQAAOSwO-pcCiQ0

The price for that replacement refractor is just nuts!!!!!  >:(  :curse:  :sadbulb:  :o  :poof:

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: AEL Box shape street light « Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 02:03:27 AM » Author: desktoptrashcan
That price is a bruh moment type price. Absolutely crazy.  ::)
AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: AEL Box shape street light « Reply #6 on: April 30, 2021, 02:05:34 AM » Author: AZTECH
The price for that replacement refractor is just nuts!!!!!  >:(  :curse:  :sadbulb:  :o  :poof:

Yes, big different Ebay pricing compare back in 2002's.  Now almost all things so expensive and dollar worthless.
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: AEL Box shape street light « Reply #7 on: April 30, 2021, 02:06:46 AM » Author: thelightingman
Yes, big different Ebay pricing compare back in 2002's.  Now almost all things so expensive and dollar worthless.

I never shop on EBay, I just look around.

AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: AEL Box shape street light « Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 02:17:45 AM » Author: AZTECH
I never shop on EBay, I just look around.

Sure, for example there some times where I have tried look at local, Craigslist, KSL, Offerup, Estate sales, Garage sales, ReStore, Second hand stores, Newspaper, and etc you can not found what your desires to have it in your heart and you see one of rare thing on ebay surely it make you crazy and you would forced to burn your hundreds of dollar to get it... Only if your timing of lucky. Certainly some unique thing might appear only just once in your lifetime it never come back til you sleep in grave yard.  :eoled:

That why some more ebay sellers knew someone who really want it badly and have lot of money to afford it

« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 02:21:08 AM by AZTECH » Logged
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: AEL Box shape street light « Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 02:27:29 AM » Author: thelightingman
Sure, for example there some times where I have tried look at local, Craigslist, KSL, Offerup, Estate sales, Garage sales, ReStore, Second hand stores, Newspaper, and etc you can not found what your desires to have it in your heart and you see one of rare thing on ebay surely it make you crazy and you would forced to burn your hundreds of dollar to get it... Only if your timing of lucky. Certainly some unique thing might appear only just once in your lifetime it never come back til you sleep in grave yard.  :eoled:

That why some more ebay sellers knew someone who really want it badly and have lot of money to afford it

That's normally where I look. I also scan the sides of the road for lights and also look for abandoned or unused fixtures that I can try and get by communicating with the owners and see if they would let me have them.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: AEL Box shape street light « Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 09:08:18 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
This listing has now ended.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: AEL Box shape street light « Reply #11 on: April 30, 2021, 08:39:26 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
AEL Luxmaster . The City of Columbus is full of these in 250w HPS : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5202&pos=114&pid=171789

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: AEL Box shape street light « Reply #12 on: April 30, 2021, 10:56:55 PM » Author: AZTECH
AEL Luxmaster . The City of Columbus is full of these in 250w HPS : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5202&pos=114&pid=171789

Wow! I wish had some of these but I heard plastic does turn yellow. But could replace with flat glass would be awesome "high tech modern street light theme mobile home park"  :lol:
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies