Author Topic: Roslyn NY lights not working on Northern Blvd  (Read 2689 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Roslyn NY lights not working on Northern Blvd « on: May 02, 2021, 08:52:56 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
This video posted just yesterday is showing multiple burned out street lights in Roslyn on Northern Boulevard, some are Incandescent and MV too. I hope this won’t lead to an LED conversion.

LINK
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 05:47:11 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Roslyn NY lights not working of Northern Blvd « Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 12:41:01 PM » Author: Cole D.
I've looked around Roslyn on Google Streetview before and they have some really OLD lights. Many of the neighborhoods have incandescent radial waves, and some streets even have reproduction MH radials. Those gumballs I think are at an intersection on the highway nearby, across from each other.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Roslyn NY lights not working of Northern Blvd « Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 08:19:20 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I've looked around Roslyn on Google Streetview before and they have some really OLD lights. Many of the neighborhoods have incandescent radial waves, and some streets even have reproduction MH radials. Those gumballs I think are at an intersection on the highway nearby, across from each other.
They have lots of goodies! Those two gumballs are indeed on a state thoroughfare.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Roslyn NY lights not working of Northern Blvd « Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 11:10:02 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
$1,500 to change 3 bulbs ?? I'll pretty much guarantee these will all get replaced with new LED fixtures once the back and forth , he said she said crap it over and done with .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Ugly1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Roslyn NY lights not working of Northern Blvd « Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 04:49:25 AM » Author: Ugly1
If you think $1500 to change 3 bulbs is high, here’s a better one.
A new house was being built not too far from me. The problem was that there was a street light in the location of the proposed driveway for the new house. This is the sequence to move the light 15 feet. A crew from Welsbach removed the pole and placed it on a temporary concrete base, feeding it overhead from a nearby street light. The base of the old light had to remain until the utility disconnected the underground feed. Once a crew from Con Edison disconnected the power, another crew from Welsbach jackhammered the old foundation down about a foot and covered the spot with dirt. The company building the house was required to dig a 2 foot by 2 foot by 4 foot hole for the foundation for the new light. Another crew from Welsbach placed the precast concrete base along with four anchor bolts and the two inch conduit elbow for the utility feed. The building contractor had to pour the concrete to fill the foundation. Once the concrete had set, a crew from Welsbach took the pole off the temporary base and mounted it to the new foundation. A crew from the utility’s contractor then arrived to trench and install the duct from the manhole to the conduit in the new foundation. Con Edison then returned to run the underground feed to the new location, but does not connect the feed to the street light wires. A Welsbach crew came to connect the utility feed to the street light’s wires and removed the overhead temporary feed.
Total cost to the home builder to move one street light 15 feet; almost $36,000! Location of this is in Astoria, New York City.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Roslyn NY lights not working of Northern Blvd « Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 09:19:25 AM » Author: Rommie
Whoa  :o

I can't believe there wasn't a better way to get around that problem. Couldn't the driveway have been shifted sideways slightly..?  Weird.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies