Author Topic: Sylvania Lumalux PLUS/ECO HPS lamps  (Read 1175 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Sylvania Lumalux PLUS/ECO HPS lamps « on: May 23, 2021, 03:51:22 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After knowing that many non-cycling high pressure sodium lamps are unsaturated vapor lamps that produce a clear mercury vapor color during warmup and at end of life, I have found out that Osram Sylvania North America has produced non-cycling high pressure sodium lamps known as the Lumalux PLUS/ECO lamps. While reading about them, I found out that they have 90% less mercury than standard high pressure sodium lamps yet they are non-cycling high pressure sodium lamps. I wonder if these lamps have a high xenon pressure or are they unsaturated vapor lamps despite having 90% less mercury?

Here is a link to a PDF that describes them:

https://www.1000bulbs.com/pdf/Sylvania-Lumalux-Brochure.pdf

You will find these lamps described on page 2 of that PDF.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Sylvania Lumalux PLUS/ECO HPS lamps « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 04:50:34 AM » Author: dor123
Philips, Sylvania and other, made in Europe mercury free HPS lamps, which have yellower color, and retains it until EOL. They don't cycles, despite they aren't unsaturated, because the absence of mercury. In normal lamps, the mercury pressure is increased during lamp life, causing increased lamp voltage and cycling.
In non-cycling HPS lamp, the mercury pressure remains the same during lamp life, so the lamp voltage is constant similar to MV lamps.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania Lumalux PLUS/ECO HPS lamps « Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 12:23:09 AM » Author: dor123
The "Non-Cycling" HPS lamps contains only the amount of sodium-amalgam to be vaporized, which is very small, hence the 90% less mercury.
Regular HPS lamps, contains an excess amount of sodium amalgam, only a small part of it vaporized.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Sylvania Lumalux PLUS/ECO HPS lamps « Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 03:16:37 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I got a pair of Sylvania LU150/PLUS/ECO high pressure sodium lamps and noticed that they ran up with a bluish white hue for some time. My guess is that these lamps are safe to run on CWA ballasts due to the eliminated voltage rise during life and that they are unsaturated vapor lamps?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania Lumalux PLUS/ECO HPS lamps « Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 03:19:16 AM » Author: dor123
Yes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies