Author Topic: Charlotte AEL Autobahns turning purple  (Read 8242 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Charlotte AEL Autobahns turning purple « Reply #15 on: July 23, 2021, 06:05:58 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Have there been any problems with the AEL ATB0's? My town has quite a few as spot replacements.
Not really, I've only seen a couple flicker, those were somewhat older models. It's possible those could fail too as thus is mainly happening with its larger brother, the ATB2.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Charlotte AEL Autobahns turning purple « Reply #16 on: July 23, 2021, 03:06:08 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Interesting. WSDOT used WA-161 in the northern part of Puyallup as a pilot project in 2016, and the ATB2 was used. The city of Puyallup used the ATB0 around that same time. So far, I've seen a few failures from the ATB2's, but for the most part, they're still running. I haven't noticed any failures from the ATB0's yet. In later years, the city of Puyallup used GE Evolves and Leotek GreenCobras.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: Charlotte AEL Autobahns turning purple « Reply #17 on: July 27, 2021, 09:50:02 PM » Author: mdcastle
Are these the ATBX models only that are affected?
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Charlotte AEL Autobahns turning purple « Reply #18 on: July 28, 2021, 07:48:01 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Are these the ATBX models only that are affected?
The ATB2 is the one having the most problems, the ATBX is fine with the exception of the one I saw that had a slight purple color to it.

mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: Charlotte AEL Autobahns turning purple « Reply #19 on: July 29, 2021, 09:27:13 PM » Author: mdcastle
Probably explains why I haven't seen any purple ones in my area. . MnDOT started using Philips Roadview on new installations, then switched to ATBMs and Navions / Verdions for the mass conversion and subsequent installations, and Xcel uses GE Evolves. If there's any ATB2s it's a local city and there's not very many. ATB2 was technically a MnDOT approved product for a short time but they never actually used any.
magslight

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Charlotte AEL Autobahns turning purple « Reply #20 on: August 01, 2021, 07:18:17 AM » Author: magslight
Yesterday I saw the first time a complete tunnel in East-Germany lit by LED in a light purple. To be honest i like it 8)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Charlotte AEL Autobahns turning purple « Reply #21 on: August 27, 2021, 01:10:20 PM » Author: Lumex120
Probably explains why I haven't seen any purple ones in my area. . MnDOT started using Philips Roadview on new installations, then switched to ATBMs and Navions / Verdions for the mass conversion and subsequent installations, and Xcel uses GE Evolves. If there's any ATB2s it's a local city and there's not very many. ATB2 was technically a MnDOT approved product for a short time but they never actually used any.
Some ATB2s in my area (Columbia Heights) have started turning purple in the past two months. They were installed in 2017, originally 3,000k and I believe they are city owned.

Unofficial LG Discord

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Charlotte AEL Autobahns turning purple « Reply #22 on: August 28, 2021, 01:16:40 PM » Author: High Intensity
I say an article yesterday about Wisconsin DOT streetlights turning purple, and while they mention the make/model, they do show a couple clips of the purple LEDs, and they look like Autobahm ATB2 series streetlights. I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise that more are turning purple.

Now in my area, I don't think there are any ATB2s anywhere near me (or if there are any, I haven't found them yet), but a few years ago, I did see a GE Evolve go partially purple, but it was replaced shortly afterwards.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Charlotte AEL Autobahns turning purple « Reply #23 on: September 05, 2021, 10:13:10 AM » Author: Cole D.
I haven't seen any ATB0 turning purple here. And the ATBX don't seem to do it either, although those are a bit newer. And the ATB Micros aren't old enough to do it.

But I did notice some more of these ATB2 turning purple on Friday at an intersection that has them on the traffic light poles.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Charlotte AEL Autobahns turning purple « Reply #24 on: September 05, 2021, 02:07:13 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Here’s another video. The guy thinks it’s intentional! :lol:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies