Author Topic: Mercury Vapors with After Glow Color?  (Read 579 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Mercury Vapors with After Glow Color? « on: May 31, 2021, 02:21:37 AM » Author: suzukir122
Just down the street and then also in an apartment complex neighborhood, there are several Mercury Vapor Cobraheads. Some with obviously clear Mercury Vapor
lamps, and some coated. From what I know of the non-coated MV's, they don't have a pink or burgundy after glow color like the Metal Halides, between
each flash pattern. I keep seeing what I *thought* might be MV's that appear to be different, with pinkish/burgundy after glow colors between the flash
patterns, when I flip my eyes up and down.
My question is: do some clear Mercury Vapor lamps have an after glow color like Metal Halide lamps? Or am I possibly seeing some greened out Metal Halide
Cobras? If it's greened out Metal Halide lamps, there are tons of them around my city. Those fixtures are different from the fixtures I've posted pics of
here on the L-G. Those posted pics are of actual Metal Halide Cobras recently installed.
This isn't the easiest to explain, but some of you may understand what I'm saying.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Mercury Vapors with After Glow Color? « Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 02:47:04 AM » Author: Lumex120
It's almost certainly worn out metal halides you're seeing. The only time I've ever seen MV lamps have any kind of pink or brownish color between the flash patterns is on /DX lamps, and even then it was barely there or noticeable. I'm not entirely sure what the chemistry is that determines it in metal halide lamps though.

Unofficial LG Discord

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Mercury Vapors with After Glow Color? « Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 03:19:15 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Lumex120, DX lamps... I forget... what is that an abbreviation for again?
But yeah, there are many of them... also lots of them inside of an apartment complex as well, and one just before many HPS fixtures,
near the high school here in Franklin Ohio. After bike riding and car driving, while under it and flipping my eyes up and down, it was actually
easy to determine that it was a greened out Metal Halide Cobra. That particular one has been there for a long time.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Mercury Vapors with After Glow Color? « Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 11:02:17 AM » Author: joseph_125
/DX is your typical coated mercury lamp colour. Usually called Deluxe White or Brite White Deluxe depending on the manufacturer.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies