Author Topic: A cool idea I had this evening  (Read 828 times)
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

A cool idea I had this evening « on: June 04, 2021, 12:29:09 AM » Author: thelightingman
I have been thinking of a new project idea that I can work on over the summer and I came up with a great one:

So basically, you take one of those over the range microwaves and remove the magnetron and the transformer and the turntable motor and keep the other components connected and you build a frame you can mount to the bottom of the microwave and put some glass shelves below to put your beloved  :mv:, :hps:, :lps:, and :emh: lamps on and have them illuminated by the light on the bottom of the microwave and then you can use the top cavity as an air dryer for the parts as the fan from the microwave will blow into the cavity and dry the parts quicker (I tried a proof of concept with a conventional microwave and it worked quite well) and then you can use the blower fan as an air recirculator for your room though I suggest you remove the old filters and replace them with small furnace filters or air purifier filters to keep the recirculated air fresh.

Is this a cool idea? Post your thoughts below.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: A cool idea I had this evening « Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 01:26:34 AM » Author: thelightingman
I forgot to mention, if needed, you can add more lights to the sides for more even light. If you use plywood shelves, remember to add more lights on the undersides of the shelves to light up the other shelves. In both cases, I recommend you tie them in with the lights already on the modified microwave. Now, I just need to source one of the range top microwaves and that's gonna be a pain to source besides just getting one at the ReStore to sacrifice.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies