Author Topic: What did you do today NOT lighting wise  (Read 54946 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #465 on: January 29, 2024, 08:20:06 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Thanks Tim,
If you want to know how they got her out of the bathroom give us a call...  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #466 on: February 04, 2024, 11:39:43 PM » Author: Richmond2000
hope all is alright as bathroom falls can be serious matters
getting my drivers licence in BC Canada - land of hills
were told DO NOT RELY OR USE THE ENGINE to hold a car in place as even "high compression" engines will leak down and to turn your wheels so the car will roll into the kirb if it should move and if no kirb to turn the wheels to roll AWAY from people / into traffic as a car on car accident is less fatal then having a run away car go into pedestrians on a sidewalk / into a storefront ETC
and my thrilling NON light related activates
cleaned the mess in my kitchen / did laundry went a bought a replacement 10MM spanner as I had to lend mine to the BOSS/owner to give to a driver on a mission to rescue a semi truck abandoned with a dead computer one provence over
and Canada tire had a box of F40T12-cw on sale - back on subject got a dozen canning jars as I have run low
ran the car through the car wash and now it is NO cleaner then before :sadbulb: they say next thursday it is to cool off again yay
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #467 on: February 05, 2024, 07:54:40 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Mummy is back at home, and we're going out to see her later today. The fall really shook her up, and is slowly getting over it.

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #468 on: February 20, 2024, 10:32:15 AM » Author: Rommie
Had an excellent lesson on my bass guitar. The teacher, Scott, is really good and he's only 5 minutes walk from home  8)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #469 on: February 20, 2024, 10:48:37 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Yes, and it's great that we're finally able to play together.!  :love:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #470 on: March 18, 2024, 01:38:06 PM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Today, I found a giant crt television on the roadside. It was very old (one of the first colour tvs here!) but unfortunately, the internals were replaced by cheap chinese parts, which were broken. The only original parts were the case (is made of double layer plywood with internal metal supports), tube(colour), speaker(torn cone) and some broken AM station dials and buttons. I may save the tube.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #471 on: March 23, 2024, 04:44:05 PM » Author: Rommie
We've spent the last three days putting up some dado trunking above the desks in our home office.

The guy who made the Youtube video demonstrating how easy it was to install is a dead man walking..! Easy, he said..! Takes no time at all, he said..! Wait until I get hold of him  :mrg:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #472 on: March 23, 2024, 06:27:28 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Well , at least you got it done !!  looks nice .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #473 on: March 23, 2024, 06:30:32 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Thanks Tim, it was some serious hard graft.! :poof:
The red sockets are powered from our UPS, so we do have backup if the power goes off.  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #474 on: March 26, 2024, 09:31:00 PM » Author: suzukir122
Much to the dismay of some, I've just purchased a "Servo Buddy" for my Daytona 675. I've had a major problem with my Daytona for years, in which the EXUP valve kept randomly closing or staying halfway closed during rides. When this happens, the bike gets very silent, and starts throwing codes... resulting in the check engine light illuminating... although that hasn't happened in quite some time. But... the valve closing randomly has happened recently.
So my plan is to completely uninstall the EXUP valve motor, and then install the Servo Buddy in an effort to prevent codes from being thrown, since the valve will stay open. There is a YouTube video showing how to install the Servo Buddy, while uninstalling the EXUP valve. The YouTube user that made the video owns the exact same bike as me. His motorcycle almost looks identical to mine, which is very rare. I not only subscribed to his channel, I'm also trying to get in contact with him... in his video, I see that his garage is lit with possibly four F20T12 single lamp fixtures. I'm not sure if he's a lighting enthusiast, (probably not) but I'm hoping to *maybe* convince him to take them down and sell them online for me to take. :lol: It's worth a shot, since I've got too many single lamp HPF Trigger Start ballasts just laying around.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #475 on: March 29, 2024, 07:46:18 PM » Author: Rommie
Picked up our car from the body shop, where he's spent the last two weeks getting fixed after a certain person sitting not far from me decided to aim him at a granite wall  :poof: :mrg:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #476 on: March 29, 2024, 07:48:11 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
It didn't jump out of the way in time...  :mrg:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #477 on: March 29, 2024, 09:48:47 PM » Author: suzukir122
Crash into the granite wall? Ouch!

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #478 on: March 29, 2024, 09:52:51 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I'm glad they were able to get it fixed quickly !

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #479 on: March 31, 2024, 08:17:35 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Yesterday's project and a bit of today's was to FINALLY finish the permenent wiring for the UV light I installed in my furnace 4 YEARS AGO ! (I'm a firm believer in "Why do today what you can put off for tomorrow " !!) While I was in there I also replaced the original feed wire to the furnace which was cobbled together with multiple pieces of wire with the splices wrapped in electrical tape by a previous owner . A also added a switch for the UV light and moved the furnace's emergency shutoff switch to OUTSIDE of the furnace closet as it should be along with installing the correct red switch and red cover plate . Plus, I replaced the original duplex outlet in the furnace closet with a pair of new ones in a new box so I don't need the 1 to 3 outlet splitter to run the lights and the humidifier along with now having a single spare outlet for maintainence purposes now.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies