Author Topic: Things you want to learn on LG  (Read 963 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Things you want to learn on LG « on: June 08, 2021, 06:26:59 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
This topic will be for people to post about things they want to learn about lights and equipment. For example, I would like to learn more about the ANSI ballast ratings and the types of ballasts and what kinds certain fixtures would have such as reactor, choke, etc. Anything you want to learn? I may be able to help.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Things you want to learn on LG « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 06:38:01 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I want to learn more about older Crouse-Hinds fixtures and what models they are. The thing I want to learn about most is how to determine the ages of fixtures by examining specific details, such as reflectors, latches, slipfitters, wattage tags, etc. Members streetlight98 and LightDragon would be very helpful in doing that, as I've seen them explain how the details indicate when the fixture was made.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 08:10:32 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things you want to learn on LG « Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 09:44:13 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Another one, I'd like to find out how to decode lamps and fixtures. I'm sure someone here can help me out on this one.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Things you want to learn on LG « Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 03:10:48 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Another one, I'd like to find out how to decode lamps and fixtures. I'm sure someone here can help me out on this one.
There's a compilation of date code formulas on Lamptech that you may find helpful.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Things you want to learn on LG « Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 05:10:28 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I am interested in learning more about the light bulbs, ballasts, and fixtures that are unique to Asian and African countries since I hardly seem to know of any information about these places aside from the fact that most African countries have 220-240v 50hz mains supplies and that Japan uses 100v 50/60hz mains supplies and has HID lamps with unique power ratings.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Things you want to learn on LG « Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 07:40:07 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Well I'm not too sure about what I'd like to learn here in the future. But I can certainly tell what I did learn in the past!

I learned what were the streetlight models in service in the Belle Province, how the different light sources work (and be done with myths like fluorescents having a long filament inside  :lol: ), the evolution of lighting technology and manufacturing, and knowledge beyond lighting like the basics of electricity, and even how to use English properly! Yes! "Second Language" English classes I attended weren't terrible, but I think they were anywhere between mediocre and semi-OK, and when I subscribed here my sentences were still full of mistakes (you can take a look at my very earliest photos if you want to have a good laugh!). That changed amazingly fast and within 6 months it was already MUCH better, and I think within two years I was able to have a written discussion and be understood.  :lol: And for the last ten years it's pretty much been about building vocabulary. You may still find a mistake in my writings from time to time though, nobody's perfect.  ;)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies