Author Topic: So is there a single lamp still manufactured in US/Canada?  (Read 1209 times)
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
So is there a single lamp still manufactured in US/Canada? « on: June 12, 2021, 05:06:18 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Well everything's in the title LOL.

Between 2017 and last month I was pretty much nowhere to be seen around here, and it seems that in these (short) four years, things changed quite a bit!

Did all the remaining fluorescent tube factories really close within what, two years?

What about the few Sylvania low-wattage incandescents that still seem to be made in USA, is it still the case? Apparently their MH production has been transferred overseas, what about the rest?

Who would've thought a GE Ecolux tube from 2008 would already be collectable 13 years later...  @-@

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: So is there a single lamp still manufactured in US/Canada? « Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 10:38:20 PM » Author: funkybulb
    It been very sad in last few years all way back in 2012

When GE circleville plant packs it bags.   That when all T12
  Slimelines and and HOs shifted over to philips with GE name
  On it.  Then T17 cease production.

About 3 years ago canada sylvaia Drummondville plant closes up. Fallowing year later in mid 2019 versallie close up
  And all production went to china.

Also in 2018 or 2019 GE must of brought in Hugarian T12 lamp making equpiment and retired the cat eye producing lamps them later it became servant

Now  Philip close up fairmont fluorescent plant in 2008 or 2009 those made short lamps and specalty T12 lamps

Now Philip is closing or just Close the Last american philip fluorescent plant.   My only concern is getting slimelines and HO lamps since philip is producing for other big two.
  But will be getting T12 out of india or china and T8 from poland for next 2.5 years until EU T8 bans take place.   

so one of big three that sevant is producing t8 and T12
 2 ton 5 foot.  And few independant small fluorescent makers.
  That about it and rest is imported in the US. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 10:44:34 PM by funkybulb » Logged

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: So is there a single lamp still manufactured in US/Canada? « Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 10:01:40 AM » Author: nogden
I'm curious about this, too. I've recently purchased new General Electric 4' T12 and 6' T12 HO tubes that were all US-made. On the 6' T12 HO tube I posted a photo of, someone mentioned it was made by Philips. So at least for now, there are still some fluoro tubes made in the USA. I wish I knew more!
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: So is there a single lamp still manufactured in US/Canada? « Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 12:32:51 PM » Author: funkybulb
Light source formerly interelectric
 Make voltarc tubes for signs still
 And HO lamps is still in high demand
 Those are imported from Hungary.

I am more worried about slimelines as those
 Been converted so much that demand for those
 Tubes fell off.   This leads small shops and residential use
    It comming to point where it almost not worth producing a million or two of tubes every year keep those going.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: So is there a single lamp still manufactured in US/Canada? « Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 09:06:58 PM » Author: nicksfans
The GE (Savant) plant in Bucyrus, Ohio is still operating to my knowledge. I don't know of any others, though.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies