Author Topic: Homemade light fixtures that are pure works of art  (Read 1852 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Homemade light fixtures that are pure works of art « on: June 21, 2021, 10:24:04 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
On this forum topic, please share any homemade light fixtures that you created that have a completely original design. Converted prefabricated fixtures and lamp test boards with exposed ballasts are not allowed.

The photo that I have posted below shows a completely homemade original mercury vapor fixture that is shaped like a human stick figure. It is created entirely by myself with individual parts entirely assembled by me.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Homemade light fixtures that are pure works of art « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 02:41:10 AM » Author: Lumex120
Do these count? LED Christmas tree made by me and a wood shoebox fixture.

Unofficial LG Discord

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Homemade light fixtures that are pure works of art « Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 03:10:02 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Your fixture designs look great, but I forgot to mention that homemade fixtures that have designs based off already existing fixtures do not count.

<admin edit: unnecessary quoting including images removed>
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 12:37:55 PM by sox35 » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Homemade light fixtures that are pure works of art « Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 03:15:45 AM » Author: Michael
I did build many lights and fixtures and there would be too many photos to show here. But feel free to see them in my albums....
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Homemade light fixtures that are pure works of art « Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 03:42:00 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I once had a modified T5 emergency fluorescent fixture running an 18watt SOX above my front door, yes I
know it was already a light fitting, but it was just an empty canopy, the lamp support, holder bar and reflective plate had to be done by scratch!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 03:45:37 AM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Homemade light fixtures that are pure works of art « Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 03:43:12 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I once had a modified T5 emergency fluorescent fixture running an 18watt SOX above my front door

Looks neat, but converted prefabricated fixtures do not count.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Homemade light fixtures that are pure works of art « Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 03:48:52 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Yeah sorry, see my edit   ;), I suppose my only home made fixture was my 50 watt mercury dog bowl lantern!, but it can’t really be called a work of art!  :'-)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Homemade light fixtures that are pure works of art « Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 07:47:47 AM » Author: funkybulb
 Mine was built out of A base electric meter and l modified it again later using a cluster from a floor lamp. 

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Homemade light fixtures that are pure works of art « Reply #8 on: June 24, 2021, 12:35:45 AM » Author: High Intensity
I feel like limiting this thread to 100% original designs kind of limits what cool things others can show off that they made, but that's just my silly opinion.

Anyway, here is something that I think fits the criteria, I don't remember exactly why I made it or the 4 others that followed, maybe because they cost very little to make.
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Homemade light fixtures that are pure works of art « Reply #9 on: June 24, 2021, 02:34:58 AM » Author: Michael
Here is my fixture in the kitchen. I made it out of two shelf supports.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies