Author Topic: 6 foot Slimline Fluorescent strip  (Read 1517 times)
Seth11

View Posts
View Gallery

13 watt Color CFLs!

6 foot Slimline Fluorescent strip « on: June 24, 2021, 02:56:56 PM » Author: Seth11
I am wanting a 6 foot slimline fluorescent strip. I purchased a couple on eBay, but it turns out he didn’t have them in stock and didn’t delete the listing.

Say NO to LEDS!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 6 foot Slimline Fluorescent strip « Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 05:53:27 PM » Author: joseph_125
Hmm, if you're handy with tools, you could get a 8ft slimline strip which is a lot easier to find and chop that down instead. Pretty much all F96 ballasts will run F72 lamps too.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: 6 foot Slimline Fluorescent strip « Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 05:20:09 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
If you do not have access to tools, you could use a 6 foot sheet of plywood and make your own slimline strip like I have been doing for making some homemade HO and VHO fixtures.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 6 foot Slimline Fluorescent strip « Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 08:41:22 PM » Author: funkybulb
  That fine for expermenting. But for perminant install no. It would violate the NEC.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: 6 foot Slimline Fluorescent strip « Reply #4 on: July 03, 2021, 11:08:44 PM » Author: Silverliner
Yes making your own homemade fixtures can violate the NEC. I do not recommend it for permanent installations. But if you make them, make sure they are grounded. Grounding fluorescent fixtures is a requirement of NEC and UL. I must say it because I care for everyone’s safety.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 6 foot Slimline Fluorescent strip « Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 12:28:29 AM » Author: joseph_125
Now I don't recommend actually installing something like this, but I spotted a store a few months ago had a clearly home made ballast and lampholders screwed on a piece of wood style of 8ft slimline fixture. I remember it was single lamp.

Anyway, even cutting down a 8ft fixture technically voids the UL listing just to make it clear. If you do something like that be sure to ground the chassis and fuse the ballast if you're concerned about safety.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies