Author Topic: McPhilben Lighting packs  (Read 1252 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
McPhilben Lighting packs « on: July 04, 2021, 09:08:23 AM » Author: Cole D.
At my high school, on the cafeteria and vocational buildings, have McPhilben Lighting wall packs. They have the heart shaped glass with a guard. Now these are newer than the ones I usually see, they are bronze with HPS. I would guess maybe 70W or 100W? I believe they're from 1989, because that's when those areas were built. I'd like to get pics or a video but it's difficult. Also, some were replaced with bronze Cooper HPS wall packs.

The original buildings at the school, have Holophane silver wall fixtures with MV, I'd guess 100 or 175W. Now, those are from 1971. They don't have the Holophane name on the front though. There are lots of them, although some of these too, have been replaced with Cooper HPS wall packs.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: McPhilben Lighting packs « Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 01:10:39 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Similar to this ? : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5198&pos=127&pid=167165

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: McPhilben Lighting packs « Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 04:17:15 PM » Author: Cole D.
Similar to this ? : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5198&pos=127&pid=167165

Yes same shape, just in bronze with a metal guard over the glass. I wish I could find one. The Holophane fixtures come on eBay pretty often, but I think these are larger and internal ballast.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: McPhilben Lighting packs « Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 10:51:04 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
There was a silver one with the guard on eBay recently . Someone had the link to it on "Web Finds" not to long ago . I think it's gone now .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: McPhilben Lighting packs « Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 09:49:32 AM » Author: Cole D.
There was a silver one with the guard on eBay recently . Someone had the link to it on "Web Finds" not to long ago . I think it's gone now .

Yeah, I saw that one. I will keep a watch out for more!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies