Author Topic: Strange things with my Aqua Light R7s MH-DE 70W/14000 lamp  (Read 837 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Strange things with my Aqua Light R7s MH-DE 70W/14000 lamp « on: July 18, 2021, 11:56:36 AM » Author: dor123
I've noticed that when I turn it on together with my Philips Master TL5 HE 21W/840 to correct its color to more white light, sometimes the light looks too blue and sometimes the light looks sufficiently whiter and not too blue.
Is this an optical illusion or the lamp really changes color from 14000K to pure blue and back to 14000K.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Strange things with my Aqua Light R7s MH-DE 70W/14000 lamp « Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 12:56:55 AM » Author: Medved
It is during warmup or after the temperature has settled?

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Strange things with my Aqua Light R7s MH-DE 70W/14000 lamp « Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 03:19:08 AM » Author: dor123
After temperature has settled.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Strange things with my Aqua Light R7s MH-DE 70W/14000 lamp « Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 06:08:14 AM » Author: sol
Most likely your perception, which can change. I have 3000 K ceramic metal halide in my living room and sometimes it looks washed out and too white, sometimes it looks too pink and sometimes it looks just like incandescent. The desired effect in my case is that it looks like incandescent. All these observations are after they have warmed up and stabilised for more than 20 minutes. 
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Strange things with my Aqua Light R7s MH-DE 70W/14000 lamp « Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 07:07:13 AM » Author: Medved
The perception may indeed shift. Just now, where I spend my vacation, is a 24/7 running F8T5/840 in the barn. And it indeed seem to have different color each time I go there. What changes are clouds running over the sky, so the ambient light changes from bluish clear sky to white overcast and back, making the fluorescent look yellowish with clear sky and whiter when the clouds just go around. Yet it is all the time the same lamp...

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies