Author Topic: A real gentleman  (Read 1271 times)
Desultory13
A real gentleman « on: July 21, 2021, 01:54:10 AM » Author: Desultory13
Note to the admins I'm not sure if this is permitted but I just wanted to take a few minutes to say some kind words about a truly special member here.

His name is James and he represents everything that this site stands for.

After talking with him through several  emails off the site his politeness is truly that of a perfect gentleman.

Not to mention the wealth of information that he brings to this site including his own Lamptech site and he is always willing to provide detailed explanations.

Recently we traded some lamps and he gave me a good start on my dichro collection.
In another deal he shared a large number of incandescent bulbs with me simply because he wanted to help me build up my collection.

But his true act of kindness was how he helped me obtain my final dichro, the ultra rare yellow.
In my absence BT25 was unable to contact me so he offered the lamp to James.
I was immediately sent an email from James about the lamp and he told me that he wanted me to complete the collection so he would notify BT25 about how to reach me.
What an act of kindness turning down an extremely rare lamp just to help another member complete his collection.

Well my sister WigWag got in on the act and bought the lamp as surprise for me from BT25 but it was James' gallant act of kindness that made it possible.

But as I said he truly brings a lot to this site and I just feel that it's the right thing to do to let the members know just how fortunate we are to have James here at LG.

Thank you for everything James!!

Jamie
Desultory13
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: A real gentleman « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 02:00:08 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Very kind of Eric, James, and your sister to help you receive those lamps. These kinds of selfless acts are becoming rare in any person due to our selfish society today. Special thanks to you for helping Jamie receive the lamps he has now.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 02:03:49 AM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A real gentleman « Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 07:41:09 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Big Shout out to Eric,James, and WigWag! These acts of kindness are rare nowadays but at least we still have some good souls in this world!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: A real gentleman « Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 08:33:31 AM » Author: Rommie
James is certainly an amazing person, and all of us here would be the poorer without him. In fact it was through him and Lamptech that I first found LG  :bulbman:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: A real gentleman « Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 12:01:01 PM » Author: rjluna2
That was nice of James :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

WigWag
Re: A real gentleman « Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 01:47:04 AM » Author: WigWag
WigWag here  ;) I gotta say James and BT25 are two of the coolest cats on LG. You guys really helped me help my bro's dream come true, of a complete collection of dichros. Hats off to you both  :love:
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies