Author Topic: Fictional lighting systems?  (Read 3942 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fictional lighting systems? « Reply #15 on: August 19, 2021, 09:35:35 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
They claimed "Optimal color rendition for color critical lighting applications"

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Desultory13
Re: Fictional lighting systems? « Reply #16 on: August 19, 2021, 09:37:40 PM » Author: Desultory13
They claimed "Optimal color rendition for color critical lighting applications"
Ahh I see, 1980s lighting technology.
Love it!
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Fictional lighting systems? « Reply #17 on: August 20, 2021, 01:43:44 AM » Author: joseph_125
And before they had that, they once had combination incandescent and (clear) mercury luminaires for indoor use. I've attached a catalogue page for one. Apparently it was intended for use in classrooms.

I think in years past, Some places had dual reflector highbays. One had incandescent, the other had MV.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Fictional lighting systems? « Reply #18 on: August 21, 2021, 10:01:11 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I really do like the real life examples of fixtures that consist of interesting lamp combinations, but let’s not veer off topic since this post is only about light bulbs, ballasts, and fixtures that you can envision of in fictional realms and NOT EXISTING IN REAL LIFE.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Fictional lighting systems? « Reply #19 on: August 22, 2021, 11:11:53 AM » Author: desktoptrashcan
6x 1000W mercury vapor fixture.  :mv: :mvc: With clear and coated MV bulbs because why not?
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Fictional lighting systems? « Reply #20 on: August 24, 2021, 05:12:48 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Here's one i thought about, lps car headlights. You would have the sodium lamp as a fog lamp with the a backup incan lamp. The monochromatic light would be great for visibility and and low distance sight situations. The only problem i see is warmup time... :wndr:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Fictional lighting systems? « Reply #21 on: August 24, 2021, 05:20:47 PM » Author: Rommie
Plus making one small enough to fit in a car headlamp. Nice idea, but not going to happen  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Fictional lighting systems? « Reply #22 on: August 24, 2021, 05:49:32 PM » Author: joseph_125
A LED fluorescent where it's a LED tube with the dull plastic and basically there are different modes for it like mercury starved mode, dead mode, different colors and dying mode! And it would be controlled from a ballast!

I think I saw one of these that emulated a flickering preheat lamp. It was intended as a Halloween prop.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Fictional lighting systems? « Reply #23 on: August 26, 2021, 07:28:22 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Here's one i thought about, lps car headlights. You would have the sodium lamp as a fog lamp with the a backup incan lamp. The monochromatic light would be great for visibility and and low distance sight situations. The only problem i see is warmup time... :wndr:
A problem here though, shining a LPS lamp in front of you won’t help in fog, it will just light the fog orange!
They worked well in street lighting because they were always above you, lighting the surrounding area and road at your level.

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Fictional lighting systems? « Reply #24 on: August 26, 2021, 07:57:05 AM » Author: Rommie
I always found the French style of yellow tinted headlamps worked better in fog. Well they did for me, anyway.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Fictional lighting systems? « Reply #25 on: August 26, 2021, 10:27:39 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Yeah, weren’t they banned on UK roads?, the blue tinted halogen are best, I don’t know if their made anymore though?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Fictional lighting systems? « Reply #26 on: August 26, 2021, 10:30:01 AM » Author: Rommie
No, they weren't banned as far as I'm aware, I always used them until I got a car that didn't use H4 headlamps. No car at all now, though. Might get one once the finances from the sale of the mother's house finally come through, but it's only been 18 months, solicitors never hurry things  ::)  ;D

Never used the blue ones.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Fictional lighting systems? « Reply #27 on: August 26, 2021, 10:52:00 PM » Author: Lumex120
LPS headlights wouldn't really work that well, they are a low intensity light source and wouldn't be able to project very far. HPS might work a bit better if you can somehow fit it in the headlight housings without messing up the optics.

Unofficial LG Discord

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies