Author Topic: Old porcelain sconce at Habitat  (Read 1296 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Old porcelain sconce at Habitat « on: September 04, 2021, 05:27:06 PM » Author: Cole D.
At Habitat today, I saw what was left of an old porcelain bathroom sconce light. I didn't see a brand on it as there were no markings or labels on the back. It was just the wall fixture itself, it did not have a shade or the pull chain/socket mechanism with it. It was $1. I might go back and buy it, and see if I can restore it. I actually have a Porcelier pull chain socket assembly and securing ring that came out of a similar fixture, so I could use that. Then all I'd need is to get a milk glass shade for it. I have two other similar fixtures in my collection, a Paulding that I got a few years ago, and a Porcelier, which I got earlier this year. I really like these old bathroom sconces.

One issue I've had is sometimes the mounting hardware is missing, but you can just use a regular T-brace type bracket with these with a threaded nut.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Desultory13
Re: Old porcelain sconce at Habitat « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 08:31:29 PM » Author: Desultory13
At Habitat today, I saw what was left of an old porcelain bathroom sconce light. I didn't see a brand on it as there were no markings or labels on the back. It was just the wall fixture itself, it did not have a shade or the pull chain/socket mechanism with it. It was $1. I might go back and buy it, and see if I can restore it. I actually have a Porcelier pull chain socket assembly and securing ring that came out of a similar fixture, so I could use that. Then all I'd need is to get a milk glass shade for it. I have two other similar fixtures in my collection, a Paulding that I got a few years ago, and a Porcelier, which I got earlier this year. I really like these old bathroom sconces.

One issue I've had is sometimes the mounting hardware is missing, but you can just use a regular T-brace type bracket with these with a threaded nut.
I'd really like to see you go back for this fixture and restore it.
The lighting world needs members like you to save these fixtures to keep them around for as long as possible.
I hope that you post some pictures of it.
Even if you decide against it I'd be happy to buy it from you as I'm in Florida myself.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Old porcelain sconce at Habitat « Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 11:11:09 AM » Author: Cole D.
Yes, I will try to get it soon. I think I should be able to restore this once I do. I knew you would like it!

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Old porcelain sconce at Habitat « Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 12:44:50 PM » Author: Cole D.
Unfortunately, when I went back to get it a day later, it was gone. So upset. I couldn't believe anybody else would want an old incomplete fixture. Hopefully whoever bought it knows what it is and can do something with it at least.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies