Author Topic: Streetlight era used by building age  (Read 675 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Streetlight era used by building age « on: September 05, 2021, 11:07:10 AM » Author: Cole D.
Sometimes I found that you can date when the utility used certain light fixture models by the age of the places they were installed. If you know they were original. Like I knew they used the AEL 165 bracket lights in 1991 because my elementary school had them originally at the entrances, and I see them at houses from the late 80s and early 90s.

Likewise I know they used the GE M250R2 with drop lens in the mid 90s since I see them installed as rentals at houses built around 1996-99.

And I knew they used the AEL 125 FCO in 2007, because an elementary school that was built then has them all in the parking lot.

Just a tip I thought I'd share.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Streetlight era used by building age « Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 01:59:09 PM » Author: Michael
Same here. In our city there was a mainroad lit by fluorescent lanterns but on a small stretch where poles have been removed temporary due to a new building which was erected in the early 1970s they used the same poles but more modern HID fixtures.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies