Author Topic: I've Changed my Mind  (Read 4688 times)
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

I've Changed my Mind « on: September 22, 2021, 01:42:14 AM » Author: High Intensity
So i've been thinking about this for a long time, and after what i found out today, i've decided that i will be leaving Lighting Gallery, possibly for good. I'm really sorry to those i've angered over the years with my stupid comments.

The only reason I haven't deleted this account yet is because i'm going to re-download some of the photos I've taken (and haven't yet deleted) here, as i no longer have copys after the SD card they were on died a few months ago. Destroying the original copys of a number of photos, mostly ones from my mini DSLR camera.

The last couple years have been tough, and they seemed to have rubbed off on me the wrong way, which is no ones fault other than my own. I'm sorry that i wasn't always there for those who needed it, my lack of social skills (both in real life and on the web) leads me to come off as cold and distant, and when i did try to help someone else, I always had the feeling that my words come off as illegitimate/fake. Again, i'm not blaming anyone for that, as the only person who can be blamed for that is me.

I wish i hadn't said or done the things that had upset others, as i never meant anything malicious when i said/did those things, but as i found out, something doesn't have to be malicious to come off as such, and for that, i'm sorry.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 03:10:34 PM by High Intensity » Logged
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Farewell « Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 04:03:22 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Don't leave! You have awesome photos of old lights in your gallery! Trust me, the bad times always pass, they always have and they always will. Please don't leave LG! :'(

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Farewell « Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 04:07:26 PM » Author: Rommie
Come on, guys. I don't want to see two members both leave in one day, it's not going to solve anything. Please try and work things out, I'll do my best to help  :love:  :racc:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Gearjammer
Re: Farewell « Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 05:49:48 PM » Author: Gearjammer
This isn't my post about leaving.
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Farewell « Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 07:41:07 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I'm really sorry you feel this way. I'm sorry if I said anything that hurt your feelings. You're photos were some of my favorites to view.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Farewell « Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 10:41:00 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: High Intensity
my lack of social skills (both in real life and on the web) leads me to come off as cold and distant
That comes pretty close to describing me as well.
I consider myself 'unfriendable' (in both real-life & online) for good reason.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Gearjammer
Re: Farewell « Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 12:22:36 AM » Author: Gearjammer
That comes pretty close to describing me as well.
I consider myself 'unfriendable' (in both real-life & online) for good reason.
To both High Intensity and xmaslightguy, I wish you two guys weren't so hard on yourselves.
High Intensity you're a good kid man, you'll be just fine.
Xmaslightguy I've talked to you several times in PMs and you seem like a decent enough person to me.
Besides you guys are both important members here with important contributions so that makes you both friendable. I consider you guys friends.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Farewell « Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 12:34:39 AM » Author: Econolite03
Please don’t leave. I’ve had to go through some situations here before, but I can assure you that it’s not forever. It’s really sad to see a member go, especially one that’s also from California. Remember, you can always take a break to relax if you need to.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 02:50:11 AM by Econolite03 » Logged
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Farewell « Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 07:18:33 AM » Author: rjluna2
Give yourself a break, High Intensity.  I hope all is well for you when you have a chance to reconciled for yourself :(

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Farewell « Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 10:11:07 AM » Author: Rommie
To both High Intensity and xmaslightguy, I wish you two guys weren't so hard on yourselves.
Hey Jamie, I could say the same for you, my friend. Chill out, play some of that music you like (sorry that it's not my style, I'm more into traditional folk music) and take care of your wonderful raccoonses  :-*  :love:  :racc:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Gearjammer
Re: Farewell « Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 10:18:16 AM » Author: Gearjammer
Hey Jamie, I could say the same for you, my friend. Chill out, play some of that music you like (sorry that it's not my style, I'm more into traditional folk music) and take care of your wonderful raccoonses  :-*  :love:  :racc:
No need to single me out as this isn't my post but yeah for a number of reasons, to many to type, I've decided to take a bit of a break here for awhile so I may not be as active.
Unless of course Cree wants to keep challenging me with more transformer pictures, hint, hint,hint :lol:
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Farewell « Reply #11 on: September 23, 2021, 10:21:53 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Hey Jamie, with all of the raccoonses to look after  :racc: :racc: :racc: :racc: :racc: :racc: :racc: :racc: :racc: :racc: :racc: :racc: :racc: :racc: :racc: :racc: :racc: :racc: :love: you won't have time to come on LG.  :lol:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Farewell « Reply #12 on: September 23, 2021, 01:08:19 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I take breaks all the time from here, there are people on here that consider me nothing more than an absolute stain for the simplest misunderstandings and mistakes I've done and took responsibility for, I'd believe as far as they may be rooting for my demise. But thats fine. Doors always open for peace offering but not my problem.

Now, I won't abandon the site as its full of valuable information and photos and knowledge from everyone, I've done some business with a few members too. I also use my gallery as a type of catalog of what i have in my collection. I look back sometimes and notice 'oh wow I have that ? nice! '.

As I said, i keep my door open for peace and positivity, I don't hate anyone here and anyone that dislikes me has the option to rebuild. I encourage everyone to be open to peace, as at the end of the day, were a community and we have each other backs in a world thats changing faster than we can get a grip.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 01:17:34 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Farewell « Reply #13 on: September 23, 2021, 01:18:16 PM » Author: Rommie
@Lightingguy1994 - Everybody makes mistakes, sometimes they learn from them, other times they don't, we just have to try and be the former rather than the latter  :-\

Oh dear, I'm coming over all philosophical  :o

Gearjammer
Re: Farewell « Reply #14 on: September 23, 2021, 01:22:34 PM » Author: Gearjammer
I take breaks all the time from here, there are people on here that consider me nothing more than an absolute stain for the simplest misunderstandings and mistakes I've done and took responsibility for, I'd believe as far as they may be rooting for my demise. But thats fine. Doors always open for peace offering but not my problem.
Hmm interesting post but I don't see any mistakes. You've been a great addition to the admin team and have an awesome gallery.
But yeah like you I could use a break and also I have 3 mortal enemies here that would absolutely love my demise but thankfully they haven't caused me any problems in any recent memory.
Unfortunately with these 3 guys peace is not an option so to hell with them.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies