Author Topic: Does anybody know more about this fixture?  (Read 1412 times)
carg618

View Posts
View Gallery

Does anybody know more about this fixture? « on: September 28, 2021, 08:41:21 PM » Author: carg618
I received this holophane incandecent fixture on Facebook marketplace for $15. It’s hard to make out the name of the company on the tag but being that it’s incandecent, I would imagine it’s from the 50s or earlier. I added a picture of the old worn out label on the item. It’s really hard to make out.  It’s not too big. Probably 10 inches long and 8 inches high but the glass is so thick. Probably about 3/4 inch thick. Can someone help in figuring out more about this item. I would love to know. Thank you!  :) (more pictures at this Imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/micWEPa )
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 03:41:47 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Does anybody know more about this fixture? « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 01:39:06 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
It's either a Holophane 415 or a Holophane 420. The wattage determines the model. 150W incandescent makes it a 415. 200W incandescent makes it a 420. That looks like an older version, as the refractor has a different shape than the newer models. I believe these were made from the 1950's to the 1980's.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Does anybody know more about this fixture? « Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 09:24:59 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Post this in the gallery so that more members can see it. This will give you a better chance of a response.  :wndr:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 10:27:33 AM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies