Author Topic: Streetlight Recyclers  (Read 2802 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Streetlight Recyclers « on: October 12, 2021, 12:47:11 AM » Author: joseph_125
Well I guess this is what happened to San Diego's streetlights that got replaced by LED. Say what you may but I'd love to comb through that place and grab some parts.

YouTube link
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Streetlight Recyclers « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 12:57:51 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Neat stuff, would be cool stopping by and seeing if I can get any parts from there.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Streetlight Recyclers « Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 01:11:25 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Imagine how many rare streetlights have gone through there . I'd tend to guess that they wouldn't sell any parts for "liability reasons"

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Streetlight Recyclers « Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 01:45:34 AM » Author: Econolite03
I could see them doing the whole liability spiel.

Meanwhile, I have never seen a M-400A2 with that type of optics with a street-side lamp socket (1:06). I wonder if that was a option or if the fixture was custom ordered as I don’t recall them offer that as a option with that model.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 03:45:44 AM by Econolite03 » Logged
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Streetlight Recyclers « Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 02:46:13 AM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah I could see them giving the liability spiel but I guess it probably never hurts to ask if you're close by.

You gotta wonder if any rarer streetlights went through there. The lights in the vid all look to be HPS units, 1980s or newer. Mostly GEs too I think.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Streetlight Recyclers « Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 09:07:19 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The worst thing that could happen is you being told to 'go forth and multiply'...  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Streetlight Recyclers « Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 01:03:48 PM » Author: Rommie
We never see anybody replacing street lights around here, they seem to come at stupid o/clock in the morning, and we don't do mornings  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Streetlight Recyclers « Reply #7 on: October 12, 2021, 08:27:42 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
@ Econolite03 : the light you mentioned is a M400-A1 FCO

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Streetlight Recyclers « Reply #8 on: March 13, 2022, 03:37:46 PM » Author: Burrito
The worst thing that could happen is you being told to 'go forth and multiply'...  :mrg:
What is go forth and multiply mean?

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies