Author Topic: Wanted: FT40DL PL fluorescent lamps  (Read 1545 times)
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Wanted: FT40DL PL fluorescent lamps « on: October 15, 2021, 05:38:01 PM » Author: thelightingman
I just got a light fixture that requires these bulbs but I can't find any in a store. Does anyone have one of these lamps you would be willing to sell or get rid of? Thanks.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: FT40DL PL fluorescent lamps « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 10:58:51 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I have a Philips LED retrofit . It's 3,500k and plug & play . I got it a few years ago and have nothing to run it in . I know nothing about it . It appears to be brand new .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: FT40DL PL fluorescent lamps « Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 11:11:38 PM » Author: thelightingman
I have a Philips LED retrofit . It's 3,500k and plug & play . I got it a few years ago and have nothing to run it in . I know nothing about it . It appears to be brand new .
If you don't need it, I'll take it until I can get the fluorescent variant. Just send me a PM and we could work something out with it.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: FT40DL PL fluorescent lamps « Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 11:14:16 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Will do !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: FT40DL PL fluorescent lamps « Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 11:14:30 PM » Author: thelightingman
Will do !
Cool.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted: FT40DL PL fluorescent lamps « Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 12:22:55 AM » Author: joseph_125
Restore will sometimes have these PL lamps too. I've seen them from time to time. I guess contractors or lighting companies donate them and they tend to linger on the shelves for a while since they're not typically used domestically.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: FT40DL PL fluorescent lamps « Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 07:01:56 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I've only ever found these at one ReStore. I believe they still have them to this day, but it is quite far from me.

The last time I've seen any for sale anywhere close to my area was a thrift store back in 2017. I got one when I first saw them, but I killed it by trying two F20 preheat chokes and an FS4 starter trying to start it if I recall correctly. Haven't seen any close to my area since.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 07:07:09 AM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: FT40DL PL fluorescent lamps « Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 11:27:54 AM » Author: thelightingman
Two questions: are the ballasts hard to find? And are these PL fixtures rare?

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Wanted: FT40DL PL fluorescent lamps « Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 10:52:40 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Here is a 40w PL-L lamp that costs under $6 USD with free shipping:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165071997521

They should be able to work with your fixture!!!

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: FT40DL PL fluorescent lamps « Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 02:44:39 PM » Author: funkybulb
I have about 2 case of 40 watt osram PL-L

These tend to be usec in 2x2 troffers and those round
   8 lamp high bay fixture that use them.  I have seen them
  At K & G suit store with starved lamps.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: FT40DL PL fluorescent lamps « Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 09:06:41 PM » Author: thelightingman
I have about 2 case of 40 watt osram PL-L

These tend to be usec in 2x2 troffers and those round
   8 lamp high bay fixture that use them.  I have seen them
  At K & G suit store with starved lamps.

If you are willing to sell some, how much would you want for 3 of the lamps? Send me a PM with an offer.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: FT40DL PL fluorescent lamps « Reply #11 on: October 17, 2021, 11:19:53 PM » Author: funkybulb
Hello there

I only paid 1 dollar each at restore In New bransfels, TX
   Let me locate them in my lighting shed and I will get back
 With ya soon.   It prolly be 25 dollar total for time and packing
 And running them to post office 8 miles from my house.

If there any other lamps i may have them.

Jeremy L.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies