Author Topic: Stepping down as administrator  (Read 4336 times)
DaveMan

View Posts
View Gallery

Stepping down as administrator « on: October 16, 2021, 10:42:23 PM » Author: DaveMan
Hey there, Lighting Gallery members. Many of you know me as an adminstrator on the site. It has been a privilege and a pleasure to serve you all moderating on the site for this very obscure and eclectic hobby that has brought many of us together. However, it is with somber reflection and disappointment that I must announce that I am stepping down as administrator on the site. Truth is, over the past several years my personal life has gotten more busy and hectic and I have not been able to do the job as effectively as I once was due to my time and energy being divided amongst more responsibilities. The truth is, this has been coming as far back as 2018 but my love and attachment to the lighting hobby community has made me conflicted about stepping down and announcing my resignation. I tried to hold on and keep up as much as I could but between the numerous other things I have had to juggle in recent years it has become less and less feasible. This was not an easy decision by any means, but it was the right one, at least for now. I look forward to continuing my presence on the site as a regular member and as soon as I get new pics of things, I will gladly post them. Thank you all for the wondrous experience and allowing me the privilege and pleasure to serve you guys. It has been an honor and I know the rest of the admin team will do well carrying the torch forward. Thank you to Phil for starting this site and bringing us all together, Brian for taking up the mantle for a bit when Phil stepped down as owner and to Patrick, the current owner, for keeping this well oiled machine running and allowing those of us with an obscure and eclectic hobby most don't even know exists to congregate, bond, and share in this hobby. May the site continue on for many years to come.

With well wishes, love and respect,
David L. (DaveMan), co adminstrator of Lighting Gallery between the years of 2009 and 2021.

David L.
Administrator, Lighting-Gallery.net

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stepping down as administrator « Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 11:07:25 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Good luck Dave !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Stepping down as administrator « Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 12:45:25 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Well dave i hope life brings you well, have a good night and a good life. 8) Since i have only been around this place for the past 18 months, i do not know you well, but thank you for what you have done behind the scenes, and keep on keeping on. :D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Stepping down as administrator « Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 01:10:54 AM » Author: HPS_250
I didn’t know you well as an administrator since I joined in 2019, but I wish you good luck and thank you for being an administrator for so many years here!  :)

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Stepping down as administrator « Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 01:36:50 AM » Author: joseph_125
Good luck Dave, I'll always remember your fluorescent lighting and mercury vapour experimentation during my early years on LG.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Stepping down as administrator « Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 03:24:18 PM » Author: Rommie
You may be gone, but you won't be forgotten  :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stepping down as administrator « Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 08:58:11 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
That's too bad, hope you can still stick around though. You were a big part of LG and are one of the few original members here.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Stepping down as administrator « Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 07:37:33 AM » Author: rjluna2
I bid you good luck in your future, Dave :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Stepping down as administrator « Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 08:57:05 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
You'll be missed as part of the team, I hope that you'll pop in from time to time to see us though.  :-*

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stepping down as administrator « Reply #9 on: October 18, 2021, 04:04:31 PM » Author: High Intensity
I hope that you'll still be able to come online every once in a while, despite not being an administrator anymore, and I wish you good luck on any future endeavors.
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Stepping down as administrator « Reply #10 on: October 18, 2021, 11:01:56 PM » Author: Foxtronix
I also look forward to seeing your new projects. Back in the day some of my own projects and experiments were inspired by yours!

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stepping down as administrator « Reply #11 on: November 01, 2021, 06:34:54 AM » Author: Danny
Sorry to hear this. I wish you all the best
Danny
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies