Author Topic: New HID fixtures for the North American market?  (Read 1838 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
New HID fixtures for the North American market? « on: October 24, 2021, 04:02:03 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After knowing that HID lamps, ballasts, and fixtures are rapidly being killed off by LED lighting, I am beginning to wonder if there are any major manufacturers that are still producing brand new metal halide and high pressure sodium fixtures for the North American market that are not street lights as of October 2021.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: New HID fixtures for the North American market? « Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 11:32:29 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
AEL and Cooper are still making flood lights and cobraheads.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: New HID fixtures for the North American market? « Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 11:35:58 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
With the exception of possibly some true specialty thing...
I honestly can't see why any  manufacturer (large or small) would bother making anything HID fixture-wize anymore. Simple fact is: HID is dead technology now.
(and really same for fluorescent fixtures too)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: New HID fixtures for the North American market? « Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 11:49:21 PM » Author: joseph_125
I believe Lithonia and Holophane still have some interior HID lights listed as active.

What I really wonder is if anyone still makes the old HID recessed cans. Those seemed to have been wiped out by LED or incandescent cans with LED lamps.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New HID fixtures for the North American market? « Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 12:00:48 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I also see that ISB Mexico still makes HID ballasts and fixtures for the Mexican market to this day. Some of their HID fixtures appear to be GE powerflood clones for their floodlights and GE duraglow and filterglow clones for their high bays.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: New HID fixtures for the North American market? « Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 12:08:54 AM » Author: Burrito
Even an m400a with a different lens! :o called the "chromalite250"

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New HID fixtures for the North American market? « Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 02:03:44 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I just actually found an ISB Cromalite 250 on the Mexican Mercado libre website!!!

See here:

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-1318887441-lampara-para-vapor-de-sodioadetivo-metalic-y-focos-horratvo-_JM?searchVariation=173749363271#searchVariation=173749363271&position=37&search_layout=grid&type=item&tracking_id=a7030d67-6b52-42c0-a630-2315cffac956

Don't be alarmed at the $1,485 amount posted on the site, the $1,485 pricing refers to the cost of this lantern in Mexican pesos, but when converted to USD, it costs about $72.01 by itself without shipping costs included. If you are still interested in these lanterns, you will need a forwarder to help you ship this lantern to the USA.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New HID fixtures for the North American market? « Reply #7 on: February 01, 2022, 02:38:42 AM » Author: tolivac
HID is still alive in plant grow lamps and aquarium lights.Don't think HID is dead yet.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies