Author Topic: Why Philips Graphica and Deluxe 90 became EEC G ?  (Read 1105 times)
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Why Philips Graphica and Deluxe 90 became EEC G ? « on: October 30, 2021, 03:51:26 PM » Author: Jovan
Hello to everyone.I wonder why Philips Graphicha 952 and 90 Deluxe 58W became EEC G ?Thanks,here are the links for these lamps:

https://www.lighting.philips.com/main/prof/conventional-lamps-and-tubes/fluorescent-lamps-and-starters/tl-d/master-tl-d-90-de-luxe/928045095081_EU/product

https://www.lighting.philips.com/main/prof/conventional-lamps-and-tubes/fluorescent-lamps-and-starters/tl-d/master-tl-d-90-graphica/928045295081_EU/product
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 07:47:50 AM by Jovan » Logged
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Why Philips Graphica and Deluxe 90 became EEC G ? « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 05:37:52 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I think it was because this energy label came into effect at the beginning of September this year.  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why Philips Graphica and Deluxe 90 became EEC G ? « Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 07:43:58 AM » Author: marcopete87
Helll to everyone.I wonder why Philips Graphicha 952 and 90 Deluxe 58W became EEC G ?Thanks,here are the links for these lamps:

https://www.lighting.philips.com/main/prof/conventional-lamps-and-tubes/fluorescent-lamps-and-starters/tl-d/master-tl-d-90-de-luxe/928045095081_EU/product

https://www.lighting.philips.com/main/prof/conventional-lamps-and-tubes/fluorescent-lamps-and-starters/tl-d/master-tl-d-90-graphica/928045295081_EU/product

I was shocked like you, but as Mandolin Girl posted, this is due EEC rescaling (removed all + ).
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why Philips Graphica and Deluxe 90 became EEC G ? « Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 07:53:48 AM » Author: Jovan
I think it was because this energy label came into effect at the beginning of September this year.  :wndr:
Thanks.It is weird to see fluorescent tubes as a most inefficent source.If these tubes are G class tungsten ones are G²
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why Philips Graphica and Deluxe 90 became EEC G ? « Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 02:04:04 AM » Author: Medved
@Jovan: Not anymore.
With CRI90+ rating their efficacy is about 60lm/W, minus some ballast losses. LEDs with the same color rating are above 100lm/W include their ballast.
For CRI80 "category" the fluorescents are about 100..120lm/W, but LEDs there are around 200lm/W.

I speak here only about the rated output performance, the way how the EEI label sees it. Not about reliability and/or usability or performance for the real life.
The discrepancy between EEI rating grade and real life is huge and growing, by far not only in lighting.

No more selfballasted c***

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Why Philips Graphica and Deluxe 90 became EEC G ? « Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 05:41:07 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I believe the EU had rewritten their energy labeling scale as an excuse to ban anything non-LED. By the looks of it, it seems to be the case that only the most efficient LED lighting will have the "A" labeling.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why Philips Graphica and Deluxe 90 became EEC G ? « Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 06:04:25 PM » Author: James
The energylabel regulation has no influence on the bans - the latter is covered by a separate regulation.
The only reason for the energylabel regulation is to define which lamp criteria determine the energylabel score and how to calculate that.  The reason why the energylabel regulation was recently changed was because there were excessive levels of complaints from member states that there were far too many products in the A+, A++ and A+++ categories and almost nothing worse than B left on the market.  This indeed made little sense, once the older and less efficient products had gone.  Therefore the + categories were eliminated and the scale was adjusted to redistribute all lamps more fairly.  In addition to lamps like the TL-D Graphica decreasing, very many LED products have also decreased quite considerably e.g. from A+ to C.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies