Author Topic: Obtaining vintage lamps, ballasts, and fixtures from outside the USA  (Read 511 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Obtaining vintage lamps, ballasts, and fixtures from outside the USA « on: November 06, 2021, 05:33:55 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I am wondering if anybody knows of easy ways to obtain vintage light bulbs, ballasts, and fixtures from countries outside the USA that do not use eBay such as Mexico, Japan, or Indonesia because I have a strong interest in trying to obtain any kind of light bulb, fixture, and ballast from anywhere in the world without having to pay for expensive plane tickets.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Obtaining vintage lamps, ballasts, and fixtures from outside the USA « Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 02:01:38 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Try advertising in the wanted section of LG, we have a host of members from all over the world as you know.

It might be possible to arrange trades with some of them, or they might purchase lamps etc. on your behalf if you cover their expenses.  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Obtaining vintage lamps, ballasts, and fixtures from outside the USA « Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 09:23:27 AM » Author: funkybulb
At worldwidehid you dont live that far from Mexico.  Even if u dont speak spanish that well there are few english speaking Mexicans that can assist u around how to get places.   I do have friends that go down to mexico and
 They bring me back lamps and ballast that I would wanted.  Also check San Diago area they tend import stuff
  Just across the boarder.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies