Author Topic: Revised Member Rankings  (Read 8918 times)

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Revised Member Rankings « Reply #30 on: November 21, 2021, 06:15:57 AM » Author: 589
Thank you admins for the update. I agree with the KISS method here and taking the traditional forum approach. If I wanted the site to be like other social media sites I would go there instead of here.   Continuing to cultivate a competent, accountable, and cooperative community should keep it healthy. Thank you.

:lps:

flyoffacliff

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Revised Member Rankings « Reply #31 on: November 25, 2021, 12:05:26 AM » Author: flyoffacliff
We have revised the member ranking system on Lighting Gallery. There has been some contention amongst members in the past over the various ranks such as Newbie, Full Member, Hero Member etc. being based purely on post counts.

This is a core function of the forum software, so radical changes are difficult. However, we have come up with the following system, which we hope will address many of the concerns.

There are now simply two main "ranks" of Newbie and Member. Post counts will be taken into consideration when the associated bulb icons are assigned, but there are no different categories of membership any more.

The icons assigned are now as follows - any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact one of us.

Is there a reason 4 and 5 bulbs are super close together (200 vs 250 posts) and the other ones are so far apart? Maybe 5 bulbs should be more like 400 posts?
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Revised Member Rankings « Reply #32 on: November 25, 2021, 10:16:49 AM » Author: Rommie
Not sure on that one, that wasn't my decision. But I'll ask. To be honest, I couldn't really care less about ratings personally, quality has always been more important to me than quantity, and the gallery doesn't have any effect on them anyway.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies