Author Topic: What the hell happened?  (Read 1364 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
What the hell happened? « on: November 17, 2021, 11:32:14 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Really what happened here? ???

Three weeks ago this place was fine and all the sudden it's a warzone. People People can we just sit down for a second here? We need a moment to calm down and talk this out.

I'm in a tough spot in my life, and it's incredibly disheartening seeing my main channel of this interest fall to pieces. Members are quitting like flies because they don't want to deal with the drama, and i can perfectly understand why. I haven't posted since all of my motivation has been killed by the constant squabbles. The world is a grim place right now with fear everywhere, i would very much not like to replicate this here. This should be an escape from dispar, not a duplicate.

I ask we all calm down a bit, think before we speak, and try to forgive. Starting fights isn't gonna help anyone here, the site will die like this.

My thanks goes to the admins that are working behind the scenes and helping sort this out, and to those good friends out there, you know who you are. :love:

Please folks, make this a place for lighting and a few good jokes, not for wars.

For now the Madman that is myself is going to blast some metallica and grind away a few english assignments. Good night folks and please think carefully about what I said.

-Mad Max

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: What the hell happened? « Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 11:55:25 PM » Author: Patrick
Well said Max, let's remember this is a hobby.  It's supposed to be fun.  I'd hate to think this site is the source of so much grief for so many people.  If people aren't enjoying it anymore, then I might as well send the admins packing and power down the server :sadbulb:.  It'd save some cash as well as the time and effort, but we'd lose all the excellent content, and more importantly, the great people behind that content.  This is of course a member-driven site, and would be nothing but an empty container without your contributions to the community.  We're going to have a few difference here and there, but let's not lose sight of what binds us together :bulbman:.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What the hell happened? « Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 12:04:18 AM » Author: joseph_125
While I try not to get too involved with whatever drama has been going on here for the past month I will add this:

To be honest I think the number of rant threads that get posted on here should get toned down or at least hidden in a separate subforum so that people that come here to look at lights don't have to deal with all that drama. I don't blame people for leaving if they log on and every two days there's a new thread like that getting posted. Plus I feel those threads, particularly the ones that attempt to "cancel" or call out a particular person whether implicitly or explicitly serve to just further divide us which is a complete antithesis to the purpose of LG being a place to unite lighting enthusiasts. I speak for myself but I'm kind of getting tired of logging on here and seeing another one of those threads show up every few days. 

Personally I think if you see something you don't like here and it's not breaking the rules, just ignore it. Be it a poorly quality photo, a light source you don't like, or if someone says something that you don't like. It's not worth the time trying to pick fights over the internet and like Max said it's only going to further cause the downfall of LG. If it really bothers you, then I guess message the admins about it.

I have strived to maintain the status quo with my uploads by uploading pictures of lights in my area I haven't documented yet, or items in my collection that haven't been posted but I'm not sure if it worth the effort to do so if a new argument goes up here every few days. I've been considering if I should just continue my uploads on sites like GoL instead.       
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 12:07:06 AM by joseph_125 » Logged
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What the hell happened? « Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 12:05:27 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Well said patrick. :love:

I would hate to see this place die, that's why i try and stay on and be active. This place can and has been great, and i hope we can make it stay that way. I hope we can all forgive around here and keep at the hobbie we all love. :)

Edit:

@Joseph Thats what we need, less public bickering which will hurt us all. If you have a grievance, take it out kindly and respectfully in private or talk to the admins about it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 12:08:19 AM by Bulbman256 » Logged

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What the hell happened? « Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 12:28:57 AM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah I'd rather not see this place die too which is why even when I take breaks from uploading, I still try to at least log in to comment on some pictures.

@Max, yeah that sums up my post nicely.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What the hell happened? « Reply #5 on: November 18, 2021, 06:01:02 AM » Author: Rommie
Well said everyone. I'm sorry that things have turned out the way they have, and if I have played any part in it then I am more sorry than any of you can imagine.

This place is a huge part of my life and I don't want to see it die  :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: What the hell happened? « Reply #6 on: November 18, 2021, 07:16:52 AM » Author: rjluna2
I try not to get involve except for the courtesy gesture here.  I try to learn what to say and what not to say here.  If I feel that I have say something bad, I just don't make comment out except for myself here.  We are here to learn something new and whatnot :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What the hell happened? « Reply #7 on: November 18, 2021, 08:10:07 AM » Author: Danny
Dont worry guys. We will sort it eventually

Please if anyone has any issues can we NOT do it on the forum. please PM one of us.

I am a listener and i know a good portion of you trust me. So please OM me if you want. I can keep it confidential if you wish

We are just going through a rough patch we will repair!

Danny
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What the hell happened? « Reply #8 on: November 18, 2021, 12:05:32 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Please forward all future and present concerns to the administrator email address located in the lower right corner of the page, or PM us and we will do our best to resolve the issue. The site is for lighting related activities and not for airing concerns or issues between members.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 12:23:12 PM by Patrick » Logged

Administrator #5

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies