Author Topic: Converting preheat fluorescent fixture to LED  (Read 3572 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Converting preheat fluorescent fixture to LED « Reply #15 on: December 01, 2021, 01:16:21 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
@Walter Knox:
Very interesting. I wondered what would happen if you left the starter installed. I figured it would have some sort of blinky result .lol. guess I'm not surprised it fried the LED.
This also makes me think that using a UK LED "starter" (nothing more than a fuse) would also result in a fried LED tube.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Converting preheat fluorescent fixture to LED « Reply #16 on: December 02, 2021, 02:57:31 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Ideally, European LED tubes that come with starters are the proper direct retrofit LED tubes for preheat fixtures. Examples of such LED tubes designed for preheat fixtures include Osram SubstiTube CCG and UN lamps and Philips LEDTube EM and UN lamps:

Here is a video of an installation guide for Osram's SubstiTube tubes for preheat fixtures and eletronically ballasted fixtures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0qM66RUbjY

I am hoping to try some European LED tubes in North American preheat fixtures when I get the chance.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies