Author Topic: Ge Miser Maxi lite discerpancy  (Read 2009 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Ge Miser Maxi lite discerpancy « on: November 21, 2021, 09:17:47 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Hello people,

I have seen some of these ultra rare lamps with three way bases, and other with just normal ones. Did the 3 way one have more functions or was it just a cosmetic thing? :wndr:
If any of you have the three way ones, can you try them in a 3 way socket? :)

(images taken from ebay, not mine.)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ge Miser Maxi lite discerpancy « Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 12:28:10 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 James would probably be the person to answer this . Mine just has a normal base .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Ge Miser Maxi lite discerpancy « Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 11:06:29 AM » Author: Rommie
I'd like to get one of these, never seen one with a 3-way cap on it though.

That looks like it's stuck to the wall  :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Ge Miser Maxi lite discerpancy « Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 03:24:57 PM » Author: joseph_125
It looks like there were three different versions of the GE Miser Maxi Lite made, in the picture of the bottom of this page you can see a smaller A shape version as well as a reflector version.
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Ge Miser Maxi lite discerpancy « Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 10:15:30 PM » Author: Patrick
Some of the GE circlites had the 3-way contact on the base too.  There was a 3-way model, but even the non 3-way had it as well.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ge Miser Maxi lite discerpancy « Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 11:18:52 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I have a old press photo for the Halarcs that shows all 3 different lamp shapes : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5207&pos=13&pid=191831

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ge Miser Maxi lite discerpancy « Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 04:10:40 PM » Author: James
In the late 1970s it was planned to launch the Halarc Electronic in 55W rating, along with a smaller 35W, and a 3-Way version operating at 55W and 35W.  Also in R and ER bulbs with inverted arc tubes for downlights.

It seems that only the 55W TB-19 version made it to the market.  The sales were disappointingly low, only several tens of thousands of lamps were sold.  Perhaps because of that there was no commercial incentive to bring the other versions to market.  A couple of the early engineering samples I used to own had a 3-Way base, but the middle ring contact was not connected.  I have never come across an actual 3-Way version, only reports about them.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Ge Miser Maxi lite discerpancy « Reply #7 on: November 24, 2021, 05:01:48 PM » Author: Rommie
Interesting, I wonder why they used that base..?

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Ge Miser Maxi lite discerpancy « Reply #8 on: November 25, 2021, 02:09:04 AM » Author: joseph_125
I'm guessing to only have one base type for the engineering sample lamps. It was probably easier to only use the 3 way bases and leave the ring contact unused for the regular lamps. Interesting info about the range of lamps that was proposed too. I guess that explains the reason why there's a smaller lamp and a reflector lamp in some of the promotional pictures.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies