Author Topic: Verdaray light bulb kit  (Read 928 times)
jon

View Posts
View Gallery

Verdaray light bulb kit « on: November 23, 2021, 12:15:47 PM » Author: jon
I'm new to this forum and haven't posted anything yet, although I've visited this website numerous times in the past and have always taken an interest in vintage lighting. I am searching for a specific item and I figured this is the best place to look and ask questions. If anyone knows where I can find this item that would be extremely helpful, if anyone on here might happen to have said item and is willing to sell it, please let me know and we can discuss purchasing. Unfortunately I do not have much of a lighting collection at the moment as I've been super busy between school and work but am looking to build it once I have more time and money.

The item I'm searching for is a Verdaray scientific light bulb kit from the mid-1960s. I was given one as a gift from a friend about three or four years back who found it in the attic of his house, it had been left by the previous owners, dated either 1965 or 1967 (I can't remember the exact year right off the top of my head, it was definitely 1967 at the newest though). Unfortunately, while my parents were helping me move out of their house and into my new apartment back in August/September, I believe they accidentally disposed of it, as I've searched far and wide for it and I cannot seem to find it anywhere. The kit came in a cardboard box and included the various components of an incandescent light bulb, including both clear and frosted glass envelopes, as well as a finished 60-watt bulb (which I tested out and it actually worked!). It also had some old '60s pamphlets from Verdaray discussing the history of the company and advertising fluorescent tubes as I recall. I found one on eBay that was a bit newer (1969 I think), though I'm not sure how much the seller is willing to charge for shipping and if the item is still listed or not.

If anyone could help me out please reply to this forum. We can discuss pricing and shipping later. I am located in northeast Ohio near Cleveland if that helps. Thank you all!  :bulbman:
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Verdaray light bulb kit « Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 01:07:41 PM » Author: Rommie
Hi Jon,

Firstly, welcome to the madhouse that is LG  ;D

Personally, being in the UK, I'm not an expert on US lighting, but I'm sure someone here will be able to help.

We'll look forward to seeing your collection as it grows, and please let me or one of the other site admins know if you need any help.

Ria  :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies