Author Topic: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!!  (Read 4595 times)
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #15 on: November 30, 2021, 01:28:52 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Last time I checked, their post tops, the Series 245 and 247, are still being made.

I was reading through Acuity’a PDFs a few days ago and noticed all the discontinued items.
Where can I access those PDF's?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 01:32:34 AM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #16 on: November 30, 2021, 01:46:03 AM » Author: Econolite03
Oops sorry, what I meant was when I searched products individually (let’s say the 325 or Luxmaster), I would find the items still on the Acuity website but with ‘discontinued’ stated on both the main page and in the PDFs. That’s how I was able to find what’s discontinued or still in production.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 01:49:30 AM by Econolite03 » Logged

Now on Linktree

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #17 on: November 30, 2021, 03:34:41 AM » Author: joseph_125
In my area Siemens still installs 315s in cities that haven’t gone LED yet.
As the demand shrinks in which it will, I could see them wrapping up production in the near future. But likely that will be awhile from now.

Yeah, I think that's the case unfortunately with most HID lights that get discontinued. Sometimes you'll get a warning when they discontinue some options first like for example metal halide since probably most of their sales is for HPS. Toronto stopped installing new metal halide around two years ago and instead will use HPS to spot replace failed metal halide. They're slowly changing out to LED so I'd imagine they don't want to keep too many HID luminaires in their stock.
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #18 on: November 30, 2021, 10:10:48 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Oops sorry, what I meant was when I searched products individually (let’s say the 325 or Luxmaster), I would find the items still on the Acuity website but with ‘discontinued’ stated on both the main page and in the PDFs. That’s how I was able to find what’s discontinued or still in production.
Ah, okay. I thought you were looking at the luminaire literature archive where you could find everything they made.

Some of their products have been completely removed from their site, like the UnderPass Series 581 and their shoebox, the Series AVL.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 10:14:00 AM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #19 on: November 30, 2021, 10:13:56 AM » Author: Burrito
Ah, okay. I thought you were looking at the luminaire literature archive where you could find everything they made.

Some of their products have been completely removed from their site, like the UnderPass Series 581, and their shoebox, the Series AVL.
and the 327 series and the Luxmaster 153

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #20 on: December 03, 2021, 12:38:28 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
It seems like in like 20 or 30 years from now, HID street lanterns will become rarer than hen's teeth. I predict that by 2030, there will not be a single HID street lantern in production in the entire world. It seems that for those of us enthusiasts who cannot afford to stock up on traditional lighting, we will all be left in the dark if we do not enjoy LED lighting. I also wonder if HID high bay fixtures are still being made for the North American market.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 12:42:26 AM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #21 on: December 03, 2021, 01:02:52 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Yes, Lithonia Lighting and Holophane are still making industrial HID luminaires.

LightDragon

View Posts
View Gallery

Street luminaire collector of any kind.

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #22 on: December 03, 2021, 08:08:17 AM » Author: LightDragon
Everyone just needs to find other ways to get these lights. Talking to people and going out to find them is easy. If you guys travel and drive around you'll find there are lots of rare fixtures still around as of right now. I travel just to take pictures of fixtures for my gallery and I always still stumble upon lots of old lighting.

I am a Cooper OVD fan! Also mercury vapor is the best light there is...

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #23 on: December 03, 2021, 09:33:18 AM » Author: Burrito
unfortunetly, my mom does not like driving at all, so basically i can't save any street lights from the LED onslaught.

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #24 on: December 03, 2021, 09:59:08 AM » Author: Burrito
It seems like in like 20 or 30 years from now, HID street lanterns will become rarer than hen's teeth. I predict that by 2030, there will not be a single HID street lantern in production in the entire world. It seems that for those of us enthusiasts who cannot afford to stock up on traditional lighting, we will all be left in the dark if we do not enjoy LED lighting. I also wonder if HID high bay fixtures are still being made for the North American market.
yep, that's the i am heading. i can't get HID lights because i have no money yet (i will work at Five Guys next year, they pay good) and my mom does not want me to have a single street light!

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #25 on: July 07, 2022, 09:33:43 AM » Author: Burrito
UPDATE: American Electric recently discontinued the 125

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #26 on: July 07, 2022, 10:45:25 AM » Author: Molly
Such a shame! At least the 115 is still continuing production.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #27 on: July 07, 2022, 11:42:32 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I found that very interesting because they're still making the Series 245 and 247. Seems to me like there would be more demand for cobraheads than post-tops.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #28 on: July 07, 2022, 11:45:38 AM » Author: Burrito
They still make the 11 series and the 115

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #29 on: July 07, 2022, 12:02:19 PM » Author: Molly
To be honest I'm not surprised, I've seen countless 115s and 125s around here but I've only seen one 315 and never seen a 325 in use. I feel like most places still with HID are opting for the cheaper 115 and 125 anyway...they're still used in the parts of Toronto that still use HID and is what usually gets spot replaced when a luminaire fails.

Boston is still installing their 125s and 115s.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies