Author Topic: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!!  (Read 4594 times)
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « on: November 29, 2021, 09:17:42 PM » Author: Burrito
well shoot! at least eBay seldom has them still!

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 09:23:55 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Yes I posted about this on the Facebook group. I'm sure two door fixtures sell less frequently than single door so hopefully the 115 and 125 stick around for a while. Over 400 new 125's have been installed here in Cape Coral in the past couple months alone so hopefully that helps keep them in production. I know the 115 and 125 are used exclusively in other parts of the US as well so let's just hope Acuity continues selling enough of them to keep making them.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 09:25:38 PM » Author: Burrito
Yes I posted about this on the Facebook group. I'm sure two door fixtures sell less frequently than single door so hopefully the 115 and 125 stick around for a while. Over 400 new 125's have been installed here in Cape Coral in the past couple months alone so hopefully that helps keep them in production. I know the 115 and 125 are used exclusively in other parts of the US as well so let's just hope Acuity continues selling enough of them to keep making them.
i doubt those one's will last any longer

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 09:30:47 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
@HPSM250R2, that's my thought too. Maybe they're just not as popular anymore and would rather push the 115 and 125. I hope nothing happens to the 115 or 125 though. What a shame LED has done this.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 09:31:47 PM » Author: Burrito
@HPSM250R2, that's my thought too. Maybe they're just not as popular anymore and would rather push the 115 and 125. I hope nothing happens to the 115 or 125 though. What a shame LED has done this.
truly a shame! i think the only real HID manufacture left is cooper lighting

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 09:32:49 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yep! And they may not last much longer either.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 09:33:54 PM » Author: Burrito
Yep! And they may not last much longer either.
true, but they are on eBay too

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 09:34:05 PM » Author: HPSM250R2

Realistically there's nothing we can do to stop it. We can start all the petitions we want like has been done in the past but a bunch of lighting enthusiasts aren't going to stop progressing technology. Even if there are facts that HID is or may be better than LED. What we can do is collect as much of this HID stuff as possible and preserve it for future enjoyment.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 09:39:14 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
True, we must take as many photos as we can while they're still up. If we get a chance to save any, it's best to take it.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #9 on: November 29, 2021, 10:13:19 PM » Author: Econolite03
I was reading through Acuity’a PDFs a few days ago and noticed all the discontinued items. I think 115s still have a few years left, but their days are definitely numbered. I’ve thought of potentially custom ordering a 11 series or even a series 125 with high performance optics directly from AEL via a distributor as I believe those are still in production, but that’s not a top priority for me even though I constantly work.

Now on Linktree

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #10 on: November 29, 2021, 10:16:11 PM » Author: Burrito
I was reading through Acuity’a PDFs a few days ago and noticed all the discontinued items. I think 115s still have a few years left, but their days are definitely numbered. I’ve thought of potentially custom ordering a 11 series or even a series 125 with high performance optics directly from AEL via a distributor as I believe those are still in production, but that’s not a top priority for me even though I constantly work.
how did you see that the 115's have little time left?

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #11 on: November 29, 2021, 10:21:17 PM » Author: joseph_125
To be honest I'm not surprised, I've seen countless 115s and 125s around here but I've only seen one 315 and never seen a 325 in use. I feel like most places still with HID are opting for the cheaper 115 and 125 anyway...they're still used in the parts of Toronto that still use HID and is what usually gets spot replaced when a luminaire fails.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 10:23:33 PM » Author: Burrito
To be honest I'm not surprised, I've seen countless 115s and 125s around here but I've only seen one 315 and never seen a 325 in use. I feel like most places still with HID are opting for the cheaper 115 and 125 anyway...they're still used in the parts of Toronto that still use HID and is what usually gets spot replaced when a luminaire fails.
so at least these won't go for a while!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #13 on: November 29, 2021, 10:35:53 PM » Author: Econolite03
In my area Siemens still installs 315s in cities that haven’t gone LED yet.

how did you see that the 115's have little time left?
As the demand shrinks in which it will, I could see them wrapping up production in the near future. But likely that will be awhile from now.

Now on Linktree

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: OH CRAP! American Electric just discontinued the 325 and 315 street lights!! « Reply #14 on: November 29, 2021, 10:37:58 PM » Author: Burrito
In my area Siemens still installs 315s in cities that haven’t gone LED yet.
As the demand shrinks in which it will, I could see them wrapping up production in the near future. But likely that will be awhile from now.
true. but it could be very soon too, i fear.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies