Author Topic: Little time left...  (Read 1380 times)
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Little time left... « on: December 01, 2021, 10:56:09 AM » Author: Burrito
Unfortunately, as stated in my other thread, street lighting manufactures are slowly discontinuing HID lighting. this means that we must stock up, order directly from factory, or find street lights being removed before they are all gone.
i believe Cooper Lighting is the only manufacturer making any sort of HID street light left.
I know that this has been discussed multiple times too, so no banishing me?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 10:59:52 AM by General street Lights » Logged

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Little time left... « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 11:09:09 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
Unfortunately, as stated in my other thread, street lighting manufactures are slowly discontinuing HID lighting. this means that we must stock up, order directly from factory, or find street lights being removed before they are all gone.
i believe Cooper Lighting is the only manufacturer making any sort of HID street light left.
I know that this has been discussed multiple times too, so no banishing me?

Acuity didn't discontinue all the cobraheads. Only the two door 315 and 325 series. They still make the 115 and 125. They're just streamlining the product offering and getting rid of the ones that sell the least.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Little time left... « Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 11:12:16 AM » Author: Burrito

Acuity didn't discontinue all the cobraheads. Only the two door 315 and 325 series. They still make the 115 and 125. They're just streamlining the product offering and getting rid of the ones that sell the least.
true. but those will too, eventually go :(

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Little time left... « Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 11:38:32 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Too late here, GEC/Osram factory, closed and demolished, THORN Leicester factory, closed and demolished, and PHILIPS Hamilton, closed and demolished!  :eoled:

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Little time left... « Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 11:40:01 AM » Author: Burrito
Too late here, GEC/Osram factory, closed and demolished, THORN Leicester factory, closed and demolished, and PHILIPS Hamilton, closed and demolished!  :eoled:
well then they took it too far then doing that!!!!!!

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Little time left... « Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 04:04:50 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Probably the saddest is Philips Hamilton plant in Scotland, closed then demolished with the end of 87 years of the low pressure sodium lamp  :lps:

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Little time left... « Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 07:26:23 PM » Author: joseph_125
The same thing happened to the former GE Canada, Oakville incandescent and fluorescent lamp plant. Closed and demolished. It's now a abandoned site.

Surprisingly Signify still lists the two Lumec Helios cobraheads. I was surprised that they still made HID luminaires.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Little time left... « Reply #7 on: December 02, 2021, 08:48:46 PM » Author: Burrito
The same thing happened to the former GE Canada, Oakville incandescent and fluorescent lamp plant. Closed and demolished. It's now a abandoned site.

Surprisingly Signify still lists the two Lumec Helios cobraheads. I was surprised that they still made HID luminaires.
I think i saw those on there once.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Little time left... « Reply #8 on: December 06, 2021, 10:50:07 PM » Author: Econolite03
What’s sad is what happened to GE Lighting Systems. They went from being on top with HID products to pretty weak in the LED street lighting business. First their LED products weren’t really appealing to cities in my area, then they started that whole “Current, powered by GE” rebrand which was a failed attempt to get into the intelligent cities platform. They did win one contract with San Diego to deploy smart sensors, which ended up being a huge joke that cost the city millions. Once GE realized they weren’t doing well they decided to sell part of their business to Daintree and now they’re called “GE Current, a Daintree company”. However SCE still likes their products.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Little time left... « Reply #9 on: December 06, 2021, 10:50:14 PM » Author: Burrito
And that they got rid of ALL of there HID street lights too.

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Little time left... « Reply #10 on: December 06, 2021, 10:53:46 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
LCEC is using their 47w ERL1 for 100w HPS replacement. So far the past 5 years or so they have stuck with those and haven't used anything else. They were at first 53w ERL1 but as of the past couple years they're 47w. They're doing really well too only a couple failures in the whole system I've seen.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Little time left... « Reply #11 on: December 06, 2021, 11:05:57 PM » Author: Econolite03
Yeah, the ERL1 / ERLHs SCE is using have actually been pretty decent in terms of reliability. Unfortunately, the quality control kinda slipped on the M-400s in their final days. I saw a M-400 FCO that caught on fire shortly after installation.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Little time left... « Reply #12 on: December 06, 2021, 11:11:30 PM » Author: Econolite03
Yeah, I believe the Hendersonville plant is still open.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Little time left... « Reply #13 on: December 07, 2021, 06:08:11 PM » Author: Burrito
They got rid of ALL of there hid cobraheads though. so no luck going there(for me anyways). :poof:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies