Author Topic: WANTED #2: AEL 327, used with original parts, or new old stock  (Read 2757 times)
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

WANTED #2: AEL 327, used with original parts, or new old stock « on: December 02, 2021, 10:58:19 AM » Author: Burrito
where would i go about trying to find one? let me know. Thanks, Avery (GSL)

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WANTED #2: AEL 327, used with original parts, or new old stock « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 02:37:01 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
You just need to keep a lookout for one. Search online on various sites. I spend lots of time scouring the internet to find lights. Eventually a 327 will likely pop up on eBay I found mine after several years waiting.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: WANTED #2: AEL 327, used with original parts, or new old stock « Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 05:15:25 PM » Author: Burrito
You just need to keep a lookout for one. Search online on various sites. I spend lots of time scouring the internet to find lights. Eventually a 327 will likely pop up on eBay I found mine after several years waiting.
Ok. it probably won't ever happen though :(

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WANTED #2: AEL 327, used with original parts, or new old stock « Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 05:22:06 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Ok. it probably won't ever happen though :(

Probably not if you don't keep a lookout for it. Gotta be proactive these things are being scooped up fast if you want one gotta be there at the right time. I've gotten to the point I don't usually quibble over price that much anymore. If I find something that I like that is rare or hard to find usually I jump right on it before someone else does. Gotta save these things so they don't all get scrapped. Unfortunately it's not been good for me financially but I've been more concerned about saving these pieces of history than money. I can get more money but these luminaires once they're gone they're gone.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: WANTED #2: AEL 327, used with original parts, or new old stock « Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 05:29:34 PM » Author: Burrito
Probably not if you don't keep a lookout for it. Gotta be proactive these things are being scooped up fast if you want one gotta be there at the right time. I've gotten to the point I don't usually quibble over price that much anymore. If I find something that I like that is rare or hard to find usually I jump right on it before someone else does. Gotta save these things so they don't all get scrapped. Unfortunately it's not been good for me financially but I've been more concerned about saving these pieces of history than money. I can get more money but these luminaires once they're gone they're gone.
thing is, eBay is getting full of LED China crap and shoeboxes (LED), So even if i try my hardest to try and find one, all it shows is "0 results found" and shows Chinese LED GARBAGE!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: WANTED #2: AEL 327, used with original parts, or new old stock « Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 05:30:39 PM » Author: Econolite03
Just keep your eyes out. Sometimes from my experience, other places besides eBay occasionally have cool stuff. I found a OV-50 on OfferUp, then my 2008 GE M-400A came from a auto part swap meet for $10 as the guy worked for the city.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 05:50:41 PM by Econolite03 » Logged
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WANTED #2: AEL 327, used with original parts, or new old stock « Reply #6 on: December 02, 2021, 05:31:57 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
thing is, eBay is getting full of LED China crap and shoeboxes (LED), So even if i try my hardest to try and find one, all it shows is "0 results found" and shows Chinese LED GARBAGE!

I find HID stuff all the time there's plenty of HID cobraheads like 115's for cheap right now. Other stuff shows up it's just that it probably sells before you find it. Gotta keep a lookout so you can get it before it sells to someone else.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: WANTED #2: AEL 327, used with original parts, or new old stock « Reply #7 on: December 02, 2021, 05:33:28 PM » Author: Burrito
True, My city is 100% LED crap and i have found some in the dump, mainly OVM's and OVD's and OVF's and an ITT model 25.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: WANTED #2: AEL 327, used with original parts, or new old stock « Reply #8 on: December 02, 2021, 06:50:19 PM » Author: Lumex120
If you know of any in places like parking lots of businesses that you suspect may be replaced soon, try to find out who owns them and offer them a decent amount of money if you have it.

Unofficial LG Discord

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: WANTED #2: AEL 327, used with original parts, or new old stock « Reply #9 on: December 02, 2021, 06:53:11 PM » Author: Burrito
If you know of any in places like parking lots of businesses that you suspect may be replaced soon, try to find out who owns them and offer them a decent amount of money if you have it.
sure, Unfortunately, i will have to wait until i move out because my mom does not want me to have street light fixtures, and i have no money.

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WANTED #2: AEL 327, used with original parts, or new old stock « Reply #10 on: December 02, 2021, 07:00:34 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
sure, Unfortunately, i will have to wait until i move out because my mom does not want me to have street light fixtures, and i have no money.

My parents didn't know when I started collecting lights. My first cobraheads I ordered from a electrical distributor when I was 15 or 16 and I brought them into my room quickly so they did not see them. I had a offset bunk bed where the top bunk lays across two shelving/drawer units and the bottom bed rolls under that. and had them standing up on the bottom shelves under the bed in such a way they were facing towards the wall. Did what I had to do to get started in the hobby.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: WANTED #2: AEL 327, used with original parts, or new old stock « Reply #11 on: December 02, 2021, 07:03:04 PM » Author: Burrito
My parents didn't know when I started collecting lights. My first cobraheads I ordered from a electrical distributor when I was 15 or 16 and I brought them into my room quickly so they did not see them. I had a offset bunk bed where the top bunk lays across two shelving/drawer units and the bottom bed rolls under that. and had them standing up on the bottom shelves under the bed in such a way they were facing towards the wall. Did what I had to do to get started in the hobby.
I don't have that type of bed, sadly i could stuff street lights under my bed, but it has a lot of junk (old papers) under my bed.

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WANTED #2: AEL 327, used with original parts, or new old stock « Reply #12 on: December 02, 2021, 07:04:29 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
I don't have that type of bed, sadly i could stuff street lights under my bed, but it has a lot of junk (old papers) under my bed.

Sounds like those old papers are more important than street lights.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: WANTED #2: AEL 327, used with original parts, or new old stock « Reply #13 on: December 02, 2021, 07:05:52 PM » Author: Burrito
Sounds like those old papers are more important than street lights.
Not really, these are old papers from school, like a year or two ago. i have no use for them...

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WANTED #2: AEL 327, used with original parts, or new old stock « Reply #14 on: December 02, 2021, 07:10:17 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Not really, these are old papers from school, like a year or two ago. i have no use for them...

It doesn't seem like you're really wanting to start to collect street lights. The papers aren't important but you won't get rid of them so you can use the space for lights. I also don't want to be part of you getting into trouble for having lights under your bed it's really up to you whether you collect street lights now or wait until you're moved out on your own.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies