Author Topic: What is the brightest indoor flood light I can get?  (Read 1414 times)
Walter Knox

View Posts
View Gallery

@WalterKnox
What is the brightest indoor flood light I can get? « on: December 04, 2021, 07:46:37 PM » Author: Walter Knox
Okay, I am not sure if this is where this belongs, if it is not I greatly apologize.
I am looking for the brightest indoor floodlight I can find, with a few parameters.
I am looking for something for recording, I have an old movie light, which mounts on a tripod and you put the camera on it.
Right not I am using two 375 watt movie flood bulbs, it does not need to be that bright but it is great. The issue with them is that they have an average life of only about 4 hours, and they aren't exactly The easiest to find anymore or what I would consider cheap enough to replace every 4 hours these days.
I am looking for the brightest flood lights I can find, that have a longer life than 4 hours, they don't have to be as bright as the current ones, but I would like to be kind of close.
anyone have any ideas as to what I could use?
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What is the brightest indoor flood light I can get? « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 08:20:33 PM » Author: Rommie
I've moved this here to wanted as I think it's the best place.

Not sure myself what you need, I have a couple of those 375W lamps myself but I use them on a light bar with a series/parallel switch that dims them to half brightness when you don't need full intensity.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Walter Knox

View Posts
View Gallery

@WalterKnox
Re: What is the brightest indoor flood light I can get? « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 08:25:24 PM » Author: Walter Knox
yeah, My light does not do that, I am really just looking for the brightest indoor floodlight I can get, with a somewhat normal life expectancy. I just can't afford to keep replacing the lamps every few times I use it.
Walter Knox

View Posts
View Gallery

@WalterKnox
Re: What is the brightest indoor flood light I can get? « Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 08:28:01 PM » Author: Walter Knox
I am able to find 150 watt but they are outdoor lights and have a strange pattern on the front.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What is the brightest indoor flood light I can get? « Reply #4 on: December 04, 2021, 08:32:23 PM » Author: Rommie
I don't really know, I just use mine for still photography when I need to, so they'll last a while. Hopefully someone will be able to help.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

DetroitTwoStroke

View Posts
View Gallery

Luke

Re: What is the brightest indoor flood light I can get? « Reply #5 on: April 05, 2022, 08:17:29 PM » Author: DetroitTwoStroke
It depends if you want to stay with incandescent, or go with LED. If you choose LED, there are many options available.

There's a 300W R40 flood, which would be a much warmer color than the photo light. 1000bulbs link
The 150W outdoor flood (PAR38) would have a more concentrated beam, and I don't know how much area you need to light. There are also 250W incandescent PAR38, which produces about 3,000 lumens. 1000bulbs link

You could also get a dimmer to use with the original photo lamps. If you don't run them at full intensity, they will last much longer. Also bringing the intensity up slowly will provide longer life - it reduces the stress on the filament.

Pride and quality workmanship should lie behind manufacturing, not greed.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies