Author Topic: Why are Philips 54-765 lamps the most popular standard colours lamps?  (Read 952 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Why are Philips 54-765 lamps the most popular standard colours lamps? « on: December 08, 2021, 04:46:20 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
As I have been looking for some fluorescent tubes from many parts of the world to add to my collection, I have noticed that Philips' 54-765 lamps seem to be more popular than any other Philips standard colours lamp outside of Europe and North America. Why are the 54-765 fluorescent lamps more popular than all other Philips standard colours lamps such as the 29-530 lamps, the 35-535 lamps, and the 33-640 lamps?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Why are Philips 54-765 lamps the most popular standard colours lamps? « Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 06:00:34 AM » Author: dor123
It is very cheap and have the highest CRI of all calcium halophosphate lamps (With this phosphor, the lower CCT, the lowest CRI [530, 535, 640 and 765]).

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why are Philips 54-765 lamps the most popular standard colours lamps? « Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 08:09:57 AM » Author: Medved
The "whole world except Europe and USA" practically means mostly warm climate countries. And there the cold CCT are way more popular - they are seen as a form of luxury lighting. And in the 6500K area the halophosphates aren't that inefficient and poor color rendering as with the lower CCT, while they are still very cheap.

So no wonder the 765 would be the first choice for a region where high CCT are popular and where the budget uses to be tight...

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Why are Philips 54-765 lamps the most popular standard colours lamps? « Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 08:15:26 AM » Author: dor123
In Israel, during the 20th century, when fluorescent lamps were limited to circulr T9, short T5, argon T8, T12 and later krypton T8, there were only two popular colors (Both from calcium halophosphate): 640 and 765. 765 was the most popular, but I don't think that 765 was popular in Israel because of the Israeli climate. During that period, most homes used incandescent and halogen lamps, which are 2700-3000K in color, and only at the kitchens, 765 color fluorescents were popular.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why are Philips 54-765 lamps the most popular standard colours lamps? « Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 11:24:32 PM » Author: funkybulb
In the UK 535 was popular choice .  EU use more 640/ 33 and 750/25  universial whites over /640.   And the  765 also was once common.  Back in the 50s until 1995 in the US 765 lamps were not
that common.   Then univerersal while calling that CW plus series replace CW 640 tubes.   And 865 DX replace 765 daylight and it became more wide spred.  Then 2012 bans kicked in the DX really became wide spred. As this what Ive seen in Texaa southern Climate

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Why are Philips 54-765 lamps the most popular standard colours lamps? « Reply #5 on: December 14, 2021, 11:27:18 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
We still have 765 halophosphate daylights in other tube lengths such as F20T12 tubes, all slimline tubes except F96T12 tubes, and most HO tubes.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies