Author Topic: My stockup plan for the European 2023 T8 ban  (Read 1068 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
My stockup plan for the European 2023 T8 ban « on: December 08, 2021, 05:44:41 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Since bulb bans are happening at an alarming rate, I have this feeling that traditional lamps, ballasts, and fixtures will become as rare as hens' teeth in the near future. As a result, I am planning on stocking up on some European T8 fluorescent tubes because of their compatibility with preheat fixtures and wide color choices. After understanding that colored T8, blacklight, and other special purpose T8 tubes are exempted from the ban, should the Food 79 tubes be affected by the legislation?

Here is my list of tubes that I will stock up on:

18 36w Super 80 Jan 22
18 36w standard colors Feb 22
16 32w ECO 830 Mar 22
16 32w ECO 840 Apr 22
16 32w ECO 865 May 22
18 36w DX 930 Jun 22
18 36w DX 940 Jul 22
18 36w DX 950 Aug 22
18 36w DX 965 Sep 22
18 36w Graphica 965 Oct 22
18 36w Graphica 950 Nov 22
12 23w Power Saver 830 Dec 22
12 23w Power Saver 840 Jan 23
12 23w Power Saver 865 Feb 23
18 36w Super 80 Australia Mar 23
18 36w Activiva Natural Apr 23
36w Activiva Active May 23
18w 36w Snow White Jun 23

Is anyone else also considering stocking up on European T8 tubes too?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 05:16:09 AM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: My stockup plan for the European 2023 T8 ban « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 08:07:06 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Nope, no actual plans to go stock up on random European fluorescents, but...
I would love to get a few each of the full line of Narva colored 4-foot lamps (red/yellow/green/blue/violet/etc)...plus any other non-standard colors like plant or aquarium types.
(In reality it ain't gonna happen! I believe they're already discontinued, plus the chance of any of any such having made it over here is slim-to-none, and I doubt they would be sold at a reasonable cost even if they did. )

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My stockup plan for the European 2023 T8 ban « Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 09:31:14 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I still see plenty of wholesalers with plenty of European T8 tubes in stock. Some of them have already been discontinued due to low demand. I do not think that all European T8 tubes have been discontinued since some are still in production. I largely plan on trying to import those tubes from various countries in order to acquire them.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 09:33:21 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: My stockup plan for the European 2023 T8 ban « Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 10:37:41 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
With being all discontinued, I was talking just Narva, not necessarily other brands.

Due to the very high costs, I wouldn't be interested in attempting to import anything from overseas. .lol.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My stockup plan for the European 2023 T8 ban « Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 11:14:42 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I also try to look for the cheapest possible forwarding services whenever I can when getting tubes that will not ship directly to the USA, plus there are some members in some European countries that are happy to assist me in my imports of European T8 tubes.

Al_M

View Posts
View Gallery

GEC Z9464 90w SOX/LPS

Re: My stockup plan for the European 2023 T8 ban « Reply #5 on: December 11, 2021, 05:37:10 PM » Author: Al_M
Australia never made triphosphor tubes.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My stockup plan for the European 2023 T8 ban « Reply #6 on: December 11, 2021, 11:06:40 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Are you saying they were not manufactured there? From what I can tell, I did see that European specification triphosphor tubes are marketed in Australia such as in this link from Bunnings:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/philips-36w-fluorescent-tube-2-pack_p0131909

Al_M

View Posts
View Gallery

GEC Z9464 90w SOX/LPS

Re: My stockup plan for the European 2023 T8 ban « Reply #7 on: December 12, 2021, 01:38:24 AM » Author: Al_M
Yes. Australia never made triphosphor tubes; only halophosphor and not for 20+ years. Those tubes in the link are made in China. Are you suggesting you want European-spec tubes from Australia?
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My stockup plan for the European 2023 T8 ban « Reply #8 on: December 12, 2021, 03:26:51 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I plan to get some Australian green capped Philips TL-D tubes eventually once I get enough European tubes. I found some on tradezone australia, which can directly ship these tubes to the USA. I found out about tradezone after I was looking for some Philips TL-D 850 tubes, which seem to be exclusively marketed to Australia. I am trying to set aside some money for some of the possible shipping costs associated with stocking up on some European tubes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies