Author Topic: Philips 36w TL-D U Form lamp questions  (Read 823 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Philips 36w TL-D U Form lamp questions « on: December 11, 2021, 11:20:12 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
When trying to search for European fluorescent tubes to add to my collection, I have noticed that some German wholesalers have these U-shaped T8 fluorescent tubes known as the TL-D U form tubes which are made by Philips. Do the Philips TL-D U Form 36w T8 fluorescent tubes have the exact same leg spacing as the North American F40T12U3 tubes and can they fit in North American F40T12U3 fixtures provided that I convert them to preheat and replace the terry clips with smaller ones to accommodate these T8 u bend tubes?

Here is a leaflet with some information about Philips' TL-D 36w U Form tubes:

https://www.lighting.philips.com/api/assets/v1/file/PhilipsLighting/content/fp928038584002-pss-global/ADAM-20151211092303018%40en_AA.pdf

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips 36w TL-D U Form lamp questions « Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 12:05:48 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Someone from North America should confirm this but I think the U-bents they use over there has wider leg spacing. I think it's 6 inch or something.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips 36w TL-D U Form lamp questions « Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 03:29:25 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
In North America, we also have U bend lamps with a 3 inch leg spacing too, but they are less common nowadays. As of now, the 6 inch leg spacing lamps are still in production. I was wondering whether the Philips TL-D 36w U form tubes had a 3 inch leg spacing too or whether the leg spacing was different due to European countries using the metric system and the US still using the imperial system.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips 36w TL-D U Form lamp questions « Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 05:04:40 AM » Author: Michael
For European U lamps according Osram (which was the main maker of this kind o lamps)
The spacing is as followed:

For the T8 10, 16 and 30W 56mm and for the T12 20, 40 and 65W the spacing is 92mm. The modern T8 18, 36 and 58W are the same 92mm.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips 36w TL-D U Form lamp questions « Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 06:18:43 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Good to know.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies