Author Topic: plastic lexalite westinghouse/joslyn teardrop lenses  (Read 4975 times)
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

plastic lexalite westinghouse/joslyn teardrop lenses « on: October 23, 2006, 10:23:10 PM » Author: prawnman88
my question is at first i swore from the ground they were glass well i was dead wrong i came across 2 westinghouse plastic lenses and now another  by joslyn ? now why are these plastic was it a last run of gumball/teardrops ? but both types say lexalite ? thx guys for any help
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: plastic lexalite westinghouse/joslyn teardrop lenses « Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 01:24:37 AM » Author: Silverliner
As far as I know the gumballs came with an option of glass or plastic refractors, at least in the 60s. Gonna admit I'm not a big fan of plastic refractors. They yellow and become brittle after some time. Glass rules ;-)

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: plastic lexalite westinghouse/joslyn teardrop lenses « Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 10:29:18 AM » Author: prawnman88
i totally agree but not to bad for free
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies