Author Topic: Bet You Don't Know How Old Sequential Turn Signals Worked  (Read 1741 times)
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Bet You Don't Know How Old Sequential Turn Signals Worked « on: December 15, 2021, 02:27:36 PM » Author: rjluna2
I found this page that Bet You Don't Know How Old Sequential Turn Signals Worked.  It is not that complicated ;)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Rommie
Re: Bet You Don't Know How Old Sequential Turn Signals Worked « Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 06:34:00 PM » Author: Rommie
That link just gives me a blank page  ???
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Bet You Don't Know How Old Sequential Turn Signals Worked « Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 07:42:01 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Try this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_4yYp5tqEg&t=18s The older mechanical sequential systems are cool ! I have them in my 1966 Thunderbirds. Usually , all it takes to get them working right is to just file the contacts a bit to get a good connection .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Rommie
Re: Bet You Don't Know How Old Sequential Turn Signals Worked « Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 07:44:00 PM » Author: Rommie
That's better, I like that guy's username  :DeAtH:  ;D
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Bet You Don't Know How Old Sequential Turn Signals Worked « Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 09:36:20 PM » Author: joseph_125
That's about how I figured the old mechanical ones worked. Similar devices were used to create the chasing lights on signs. A more complicated controller also using cams and switches were used to switch traffic signals.
Rommie
Re: Bet You Don't Know How Old Sequential Turn Signals Worked « Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 05:20:39 AM » Author: Rommie
Not seen one like that before.

I know they used to use a slow-rotating motor driving a shaft with cams and microswitches on to drive the flashing displays on fruit machines back in the day, those were interesting.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Bet You Don't Know How Old Sequential Turn Signals Worked « Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 05:39:41 AM » Author: sol
I believe some school buses still use some for the 8-way flashers. You can tell they use them because when they switch on the amber lights, sometimes one will flash very briefly before the other one lights if they were stopped mid-flash the last time.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Bet You Don't Know How Old Sequential Turn Signals Worked « Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 11:59:41 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I have a motor driven school bus flasher somewhere !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies