Author Topic: 1st Gen B+Q LED finally dies  (Read 770 times)
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

1st Gen B+Q LED finally dies « on: December 18, 2021, 04:33:29 PM » Author: AngryHorse
British hardware store B+Qs first generation of SMT LED that I had in use on my landing finally died tonight, after 8 years and a total of 16,232 hours in service, it was varying in different brightness, but the diodes appeared to be ok, it was a driver failure.
It contained a full size (CFL type) circuit board that was potted in a form of heat proof resin?, a lot different from the micro circuitry in today’s filament lamps, it had also cracked its sleeve over the heat sink inside the lamp, but I reckon it’s done well in 8 years use.

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: 1st Gen B+Q LED finally dies « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 05:10:10 AM » Author: merc
Not bad. I assume the rated lamp life was a bit higher, wasn't it? 30,000 hours? But still not bad.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: 1st Gen B+Q LED finally dies « Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 07:16:31 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Yeah, 25,000, but no lighting enthusiast believes LED will ever reach the stated hours given to them anyway, 16 K is a pretty good figure, and sadly its always the driver that gives in first, or they would be able to exceed this.
There is LED that go way over their stated hours, and I’m in the process of logging all the hours each lamp achieves that I have in service, so far my Energetic Mini Globe is winning!  ;D

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies