Author Topic: European LED PL-L retrofit lamps designed for electromagnetic ballasts?  (Read 992 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
European LED PL-L retrofit lamps designed for electromagnetic ballasts? « on: January 05, 2022, 06:35:03 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After knowing that 2G11 PL-L lamps are sometimes used on preheat ballasts and starters in Europe, I have been noticing that when I was looking at the LED retrofit options for PL-L lamps, I notice that retrofit lamps designed for electromagnetic ballasts are pretty hard to come by. Does anyone know of some examples of LED PL-L retrofit lamps that are designed for electromagnetic ballasts that come with LED starters besides the one shown below?

https://www.bessere-technik.de/category-19/category-150/category-178/product-939.html?language=en

For the most part, I have seen that most of them are designed only for operation on electronic ballast or direct 220v-240v mains.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 06:39:36 AM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Make

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: European LED PL-L retrofit lamps designed for electromagnetic ballasts? « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 01:21:56 PM » Author: Make
A lamp for direct mains voltage should also work with the magnetic ballast. An LED starter is not required with the PL-L because all the pins are at the same end. At least this is intended for direct mains and the magnetic ballast: https://www.sanpek.fi/led-lamput-ja-valaisimet/led-lamput-ja-polttimot/led-2g11/
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: European LED PL-L retrofit lamps designed for electromagnetic ballasts? « Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 04:01:25 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I am also wondering if there are also some European LED PL-L retrofit lamps that will directly replace 2 18w PL-L lamps wired in series off a 220v-240v F36T8 preheat choke since some 2 lamp 18w PL-L preheat fixtures have both PL-L lamps wired in series off a single 220v-240v F36T8 preheat choke.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Make

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: European LED PL-L retrofit lamps designed for electromagnetic ballasts? « Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 02:36:38 PM » Author: Make
It can be harder to find. At least the model in the previous comment is not suitable for serial connection. The situation is probably the same as with 60 cm T8 LED tubes.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: European LED PL-L retrofit lamps designed for electromagnetic ballasts? « Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 04:29:44 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I did see that in a Philips LEDTube advertisement that they did advertise their 60cm tubes as being compatible with 2 lamp series circuits.

Here is the video I found that advertises Philips’ 60cm LED tubes as being compatible for series operation:

https://youtu.be/4Zi2dzQxffQ
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 04:35:40 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies