Author Topic: An example of the Badly Installed 115 Syndrom...  (Read 3277 times)
KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

An example of the Badly Installed 115 Syndrom... « on: October 28, 2009, 12:54:32 AM » Author: KEDER
You know that AE 115s always get installed badly. pointed up. I see that alot in denver.

Here is a pic (took a long time ago) of it. this sure enough is common with ae 115s. i wonder why, i can inspect it with my 115!

Why does the slipfitter seem to do this all the time?
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: An example of the Badly Installed 115 Syndrom... « Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 05:45:51 AM » Author: lite_lover
I don't usually see that here,there must be a installer in Denver that has a bad habit of installing the fixture with the arm in too far on the steps.

The brighter the better.

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: An example of the Badly Installed 115 Syndrom... « Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 07:45:33 AM » Author: Foxtronix
Maybe the streetlight is installed that way to throw more light on the road, as the 115 is FCO.

lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: An example of the Badly Installed 115 Syndrom... « Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 01:41:22 PM » Author: lite_lover
Yep,that could be a possiblity for a wider roadway.

The brighter the better.

KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: An example of the Badly Installed 115 Syndrom... « Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 02:05:04 PM » Author: KEDER
IF you read Jace's comment on the pic of boxed pc 115, the 115s have a Step tilt Slipfitter, the farther you put in the fixture, the higher the tilt is. so linemen put the fixture in all the way, it tilts up farther.

where this is located, there is streetlights on the other side of the road. and lots of others are facing streight.

also, this is a loner 115. its across from those cooper OVMs.
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: An example of the Badly Installed 115 Syndrom... « Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 05:38:09 PM » Author: lite_lover
Yep,I did read Jace's comment before,it must be that particular installer.

The brighter the better.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: An example of the Badly Installed 115 Syndrom... « Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 06:24:47 PM » Author: Silverliner
I've seen installations like that up in Santa Cruz, CA where I used to live. Just a random installation, not on a wide road nor anything.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: An example of the Badly Installed 115 Syndrom... « Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 10:58:09 PM » Author: joseph_125
I think I've seen this before in my area too. Even on very wide highways I haven't seen fixtures angled like that to spread the light more evenly even if they are FCO.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: An example of the Badly Installed 115 Syndrom... « Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 05:17:26 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Yeah, they don't really do it on purpose.....they just don't think! They just "slap a fixture in" and say "there's a fixture there now" without thinking "Is the fixture properly installed and lighting the right way, is it properly adjusted, and even is the wattage set right?"

Some of my friends as linemen have told me that they hate the AEs due to this habit...now yes some particular linemen would do it, those who don't care, while others who wants to do a good job and knows about this feature, then often they do it correctly...I see this problem fairly often here, but in PEPCO, less often but there's a few like that though......

I have noticed OVX (which this issue isn't an issue around here) but OVX sometimes point downward....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: An example of the Badly Installed 115 Syndrom... « Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 06:04:27 PM » Author: streetlight98
Sometimes that person might want the lens to be level on OVX's. :-\

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

chapman84
Re: An example of the Badly Installed 115 Syndrom... « Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 10:30:59 AM » Author: chapman84
Some utility workers do a sloppy job sometimes, I've seen fixtures installed crooked too.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies